Water Temp Sensor 200 hp 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Temp Sensor 200 hp 1987

I have 200 Hp Yamaha, when I purchasded the boat & motor I had the dealer install a Water Temp Gauge. The sensor is located in the right side cyl. bank. My question is does the gauge also read the temp in the left cyl. bank? Yamaha manual show each cyl. bank has seperate water paths, can I put a sensor in the left bank and
    and read temp with one gauge.
    richk

richk,
    In order to read the temp on both banks, you would have to install two temp sensors and two gauges.
    You would be better off installing a water pressure gauge and installing the hose fitting in top of the port cylinder. The water pressure gauge is a much better indicator of water pump performance than a temp gauge. And you already have thermo switches mounted in the two heads to give you an overheat alarm when the head temp gets to 180 degrees f., well before any damage is done.
    I've gone thru all this with my little C115 V-4.
    The temp gauge can read "normal", 135, and the heads can overheat and the alarm sound. There is no one place to monitor the motor temp with just one temp gauge on the "V" blocks, especially since there are two thermostats regulating water flow.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X