1984 70 horseYamaha overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 70 horseYamaha overheating

I have a new impeller My motor runs well it only overheats when in gear and under very little power for about 10 mins. It will cool down run fine again unless I back***** slowly. I dont know where to begin trouble shooting now. Can anyone shoot me the most likely places to begin again? Motor only over heats when *****ing very slowly and when overheated if put in nuetral it will immediently begin cooling down again.

slikfish,
    Try checking the thermostat - remove and inspect/clean. Also, test it by putting it in a pan of heated water with thermometer and observe that it opens fully (0.120 inches) at 140 degrees f.
    Also, if your motor has a pressure control valve (check the online catalog above), check it to see that no debris is causing it to stick open and dump cooling water out the relief holes.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Pressure control valve ? I could not find it in the online catalog above. I need to see a trail of where this water flows to once picked up as all the usual normal trouble spots are not fixing my problem.thermostat-good, new waterpump kit. I am wondering if the pick up tube has a special end that is missing on mine where it enters the pump houseingand I am loseing water there that could be going into the cooling system.

Comment

Working...
      X