powere trim wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powere trim wont work

I have a 2000 200 hpdi. the power trim motor works going down and makes noise when pushing down. I have tried all three trim buttons and only get a click when I hit up. I got it o budge a small amount today but was underway so I did not check if it would ga all the way up. when i tried a third time and back at the dock I just got a click again. It worked fine at beginning of season and has acted up only this past week. does this sound like a fluid issue or a bad motor.

orlanj1,
    Sounds like you have more than one problem with the t/t.
    First, check the t/t relays. There will be two - one for up and one for down. There will most likely be a green wire leading away from one and a blue wire from the other. These wires go to the t/t motor. Monitor the contact on the relay where the blue and green wire is attached with a voltmeter. When you engage the t/t switch, 12 volts shoudl appear on either of these contacts. Try the down first, since you know it is working. That will tell you which is the up/down relay.
    If on the up relay, 12 volts does not appear when you engage t/t switch to the up position (and you hear a click), then the up relay is bad. If you detect 12 volts, and do not hear the t/t motor running, then the motor or wiring to the motor is bad.
    As far as making a noise when motor is tilted down, you may just need to grease the rams (sides and ends) with a thin film of marine grease. Raise the motor all the way up, either by hand after loosening the manual bypass screw or by power t/t, then drop down the locking lever for safety. Apply film of grease to the rams with finger.
    If you can get the power t/t working, raise the motor all the way up and check the fluid level - it may be low.
    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X