Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 90hp trim issue

Hi people.

I just purchased a new 17’ CC boat with a 90hp Yamaha. I LOVE it. Jumps right out of the water and takes off. The Stripers are being caught and released at a furious pace.

I have only been out a half dozen times. Just before coming in on my last run there was some clicking noises that happened when I adjusted the engine up. Then the same noises when putting it down while moving. Put the boat on the trailer and no noise. Put the boat back in the water and the noises came back only when the boat is in motion.

Can anyone please give me their thoughts on this issue? I would like to get out fishing in the next couple days and don’t really have time to take it back to the dealer. I’m mechanical but no nothing about the power trim.

Thank you

Jay

Jay,
    Try putting a thin film of marine grease (I use Mobil 1 for its water resistance) on the sides and ends of the t/t rams.
    Raise the motor all the way up and drop down the tilt locking lever for safety - apply grease with finger.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

On my 90, I had that click, but more of a knock-knock sound trimming up while going fast. I greased my steering tube good, and bleed & stopped off the hydraulic fluid reservoir (it needed a table spoon). Don't know what cured it, but its been two years now, and no click knocks. Ialwasy spray the ram tubes with silicone spray after I give it a washdown.

Comment

Thank you Ken. you were on the money.

Comment

Working...
        X