2004 YAMAYA 225 EFI OX66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 YAMAYA 225 EFI OX66

HAVING PROBLEMS W/ MOTOR , WHEN GIVING FULL THROTTLE BLOWING OUT OF THE WATER , MOTOR WILL DIE AS IF CUTTING THE KEY OFF. NOTICED THAT I WAS LOSING PERFORMANCE FROM MOTOR BEFORE THIS HAPPEND. I CAN SLOWLY THROTTLE UP AND MAKE IT TO FULL THROTTLE BUT WILL SURGE BACK AND FORTH AND WILL ONLY TURN UP ABOUT 4200 RPM ,I CAN FILL THAT IT SEEMS TO BE STARVING FOR FUEL. BOAT DEALER CHANGED O2 SENSOR , STILL DOES THE SAME THING.ANY BODY WITH ANT SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP FOR ME AND SAD TO SAY BUT THE DEALER ALSO.PLEASE HELP , NEED TO GO FIHING. MOTOR HAS 245 HOURS.

You need to have fuel system checked, install fuel pressure gauge to make sure maintaining pressure and install vacumn gauge to make sure there is no fuel restriction on fuel supply lines

Comment

hi
      i have 4 250 efi yamaha motors made pre mix
      these motors eats spark plugs any advice

Comment

Hi Dennis, One of the most overlooked trouble spots that I have had in the last three boats that I have owned, all of which, each have had similar symtoms as you are having,is the little strainer on the fuel pick-up in the tank. It is faily easy to get at, If you can get to the top of the tank where the fuel line is attached. Mine had 6 screws, and a gasket, which was reuseable. I dissconnected the fuel line, removed the pick-up assembly, and removed the screen. I figuered that it was unnecessary, because I have two 10 micron filters in the line, and they are a lot easier to change than this screen. I have yet to encounter a fuel pick-up that does not have this little nightmare causing screen. Have your mechanic, or yourself check it. I hope this is helpfull.
        Dennis

Comment

Sure sounds like a clogged VST filter to me.

Comment

Working...
          X