Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WalMart tub

This is primarily for Ken, I think.

I read a reference to a WalMart tub just now in a post from Fast Eddie and rather than derail that thread with my question, I'm bringing it up here.

This WalMart tub may be an alternative to earmuffs for running a motor at home??

Please expand...

Kingfish,

Yes, this is an alternative to using earmufs. In a previous post about running an engine "dry", Ken said he uses a "water tank" instead of earmuffs. I bought a big plastic storage container from wallyword and added a pvc fitting to the side to attach a garden hose directly to it. It works great. Total cost was about $30

Eddie

Comment

Kingfish and Eddie,
      Yeah, the tub works ok if you are having trouble getting the earmuffs to work or stay in place.
      But remember, unless you are adding fresh water the way Eddie is doing, then the tub (about 30 gallons) will heat up pretty quickly, of course, because you are re-circulating water that has been heated up by the motor.
      Also, you will need to get the water level about two inches above the cavitation plate so that the water pump will prime itself.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X