Fuel filter on F25ELH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter on F25ELH

I just bought a F25ELH for my crabbing boat. It already has an internal fuel filter installed on it. I'm not sure if it is a 10 micron filter that can deal the E10 gas issues. Does anyone know if this filter is enough to deal with the E10 gas issues? Should install a 10 micron filter just in case?
    Tommy

Tommy,
    Yamaha has just within the last month come out with a service bulletin addressing the effects of ethanol blended fuels.
    Bottom line, they recommend a 10 micron water separating fuel filter. I don't believe the little "on-board" filter is enough, but I could be wrong.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks for the info Ken. I just bought this Racor filter and few extra replacement filter to keep on the boat http://www.marinefilters.com/product...mber=W025RAC02. Looking at the filter, it does not seems like it could be a 10 micron filter. I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks again.
      Tommy

Comment

HI Tommy, just a reminder...Make sure that the racor filter has the proper gas flow(GPH) for your motor. for a 25 hp , it should not be a problem, but check anyway.
        Dennis

Comment

Working...
        X