93 30 hp full throttle break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 30 hp full throttle break up

I have cleaned all 3 carbs, installed new diaphragm and gaskets in fuel pump,changed gas tanks and hoses,replaced plugs,cleaned fuel filter and my outboard will still break up and shake at full throttle. From idle to 90% throttle, this engine could not run any better. I am thinking of switching out coils one at a time to see if thats the problem.
    Anyone out there run into this before?

in my honest opinion, if your coils fire fine 90% of the time they shouldnt be bad 10%. still soulds like it is demanding more fuel and not getting it.
    Also could be you have a rev limiter and exceeding rpms but not sure that the smaller motors have them.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Yeh that does make sense.
      How would i go about finding if my model has such a limiter?

Comment

rev limiters kick in at about 6200 rpms, if yoyu arent hitting that high i would keep looking into your fuel supply.

Comment

Gord,
          Have someone pump the primer bulb at WOT when the motor starts cutting out - if that fixes the problem, then you have fuel delivery problem from the bulb to the carbs. Could still be weak fuel pump.
          Also, if you had a sticky carb float valve or misadjusted float valves, that could cause the symptom - not allowing enough fuel at WOT.
          Just some more ideas for you.
          Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
          Ken K

Comment

Working...
          X