X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdi bad or not

how can I tell.
    prov200 hp
    runs but misses,also I iis not charging the battery. reading 10 v.
    Scott Lewis,Gary Yamamoto Custom baits, StayNCharge systems, Bassmedics, Savephace

have you cleaned the carbs and load tested the battery?

Comment

Scott,
      That battery voltage should be reading around 13 volts at idle and increasing up to 14.6 above 3000 rpm. This assumes your battery is in good condition and the rectifier/regulator is good.
      If that battery is at least 3 years old, get a new one and start from there. Check the voltage, per the above - your r/r may be bad, and with only 10 volts instead of 12+, that could be your problem with the motor missing.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

the r/r tested bad,I replced it
        but the new one tests bad alsso, no change in perf. I think something could have burned the new r/r out.
        Scott Lewis,Gary Yamamoto Custom baits, StayNCharge systems, Bassmedics, Savephace

Comment

Scott,
          That rectifier/regulator assy should be fuse protected from an overload. Check the fuses under the hood of that motor to see if they agree with what is in the Yamaha shop manual. I would guess there are at least two in the range of 20-30 amp.
          Also, trace the wiring on the load side of the r/r
          to the fuse(s) - could be a wire with broken/worn insulation giving you a short to the engine block.
          Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X