Boats.net part question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    Looks like the part is so reliable that Boat.net doesn't bother to stock it. Dead inventory.
    Most dealers don't stock slow moving parts. I would suspect that demand for the 6DA balancer is low enough that it is not stocked by many/any dealers. They would go to Yamaha USA if the part is needed.

Now what is interesting is that even Yamaha US and Yamaha Japan don't have it in stock at the moment.

Another interesting point is the price. The 6DA balancer retails at $938.10. The 63P balancer less than half at $417.00. This may be the result of Yamaha USA "policy pricing" the new balancer as a form of goodwill to their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Most dealers don't stock slow moving parts. I would suspect that demand for the 6DA balancer is low enough that it is not stocked by many/any dealers. They would go to Yamaha USA if the part is needed.

Now what is interesting is that even Yamaha US and Yamaha Japan don't have it in stock at the moment.

Another interesting point is the price. The 6DA balancer retails at $938.10. The 63P balancer less than half at $417.00. This may be the result of Yamaha USA "policy pricing" the new balancer as a form of goodwill to their customers.
      I assumed that. I also would not have been surprised if the retail was $1800.

Interesting pics. You see the oil path clearly on the outside of cover. On the Ebay site.
      Last edited by pstephens46; 12-18-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X