pstephens46; propeller and motor rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    there is and never was a reason to suddenly chop the throttle at speed.
    it is and was a myth.
    at the end of the run you simply backed off the throttle,shifted to N and then cut the engine.
    then inspect the plugs.
    but to simply kill the engine at speed on a sterndrive or an outboard is simply stupid unless it is an actual emergency.
    maybe I can post some pics of some rods I have hanging on my wall or a piston or two.
    Post up some pics Rodbolt.
    see how the new stuff works and see if you can view them also now with your old machine

here is a pic of a F150 that played tag with my trailer hitch 12/14/17
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 99yam40; 12-22-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Post up some pics Rodbolt.
      see how the new stuff works and see if you can view them also now with your old machine

here is a pic of a F150 that played tag with my trailer hitch 12/14/17
      What were you doing trying to hook the trailer up to the front of your truck anyway???
      Dennis
      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

did I use the wrong term for the trailer hitch on the back of my truck?

Comment

I get it now someone else ran into your truck!!!! How nasty of them. Probably texting!
          Dennis

Comment

I have the same F150. Surprising soft front bumper. Don't ask me how I know.

Comment

What happened to posts from last night "Row call" "attachments" and so on....I don't see them today??

Comment

You need a GMC

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                  What happened to posts from last night "Row call" "attachments" and so on....I don't see them today??
                  Betting it was the criticism from Rodbolt. Nuked it. Really no big deal. Hope everyone finds their way back.

Comment

Lets see if post images works:

Apparently it does..

Just figured out, the underlined "A", (up and to the right) opens a larger screen for bolding , font, italic's , etc...

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-22-2017, 06:35 PM.
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                      You need a GMC
                      I do not need a GMC,
                      had one back in 67.
                      that is all I needed, I have been a ford man ever since.

I take that back I took a ponticac from a guy that owed me money back in the middle 70s, and the ex bought a GM van right before we split in 99.
                      That was the last straw

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151
                        Wonder if that Admin removed them! Must be monitoring our PC conversations?
                        I think the posts contained too much critism of our host. The person quoted, I think it was obvious at the time, was banned because he breached the rules significantly over his "banter" with a person about how that person's engine functioned. I would have liked that that person was given at least given an opportunity to explain how he thought his engine functioned, but unfortunately he was forced into a defensive slanging match and driven away off the forum forever. Reinstatement I believe was as a result of colleagues lobbying, as his contribution to the forum is extremely valuable.

Comment

Agreed his knowledge is valuable, maybe just sometimes a little strong or assumes everyone understands everything he says. I value about six or seven of you guys help very much. Unfortunately I don't have a lot to add as I am very much an amateur backyardian or kind of front/sideyardian as the case may be
                          Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
                            Agreed his knowledge is valuable, maybe just sometimes a little strong or assumes everyone understands everything he says. I value about six or seven of you guys help very much. Unfortunately I don't have a lot to add as I am very much an amateur backyardian or kind of front/sideyardian as the case may be
                            Most here might call themselves that, but some with a lot of experience and hope much common sense, knowledge and wisdom
                            I've always lived in back to front houses. That is: my last house I designed and built with the front facing north but the street was really on the south, the straight driveway entering into the "back". So I suppose I might have been a backyard Ian. Now where I live the driveway into house is on one side and water on the other, kinda feel I have two fronts and no backyard. So when I maintain my stuff I suppose now I am a front yard Ian . My boat lives on a float in the water I feel in the "front".

Comment

Working...
                            X