No announcement yet.

F150 wot 5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 blade has more surface area, and the cupping is probably way different also.
    I do not think you can compare 3 and 4s to each other.
    maybe some one with more experience will chime in on this

Comment

Originally posted by Aquamort View Post
      UPDATE:

O i was able to borrow a SOLAS 14 1/2 stainless 4 blade 15 P (Fits perfect - just need to use the merc thrust washer). Unfortunately thought it made bugger all difference. Slightly better if anything. pushed 5300 trimmed right out doing 33 -34 knots. So maybe gained 100 rpm at most. Very disappointing as i thought i was on a winner.

I will recheck outboard height on pod - its on as high as it can go now...if still too low will have to come up with something then.....

I will check that im getting full throttle! It just doesnt seem right that i go down 2 prop sizes...granted one is a 4 blade.....and have minimal change!

Open to other ideas......Motor idles and seems to run fine but ill prob do a compression test anyway but will be surprised if thats an issue....
      When propellers are changed from one brand to another brand, or even from one model to another model of the same brand, then all bets are off as to what the results may be. Changing from a three blade to a four blade is just one of the elements involved (number of blades). There is so much more to propeller design than number of blades, diameter and pitch. One company's 18" pitch could be another company's 17" or 19" pitch.

Comment

Yes i understand. The prop i tried was recommended by Solas who have a good rep for prop selection. I find it odd that the revs didnt really change at all. After doing some research online ive found heaps of people complaining of lack of power and revs where there has been a fuel issue (filters/injectors). Just something else for me to keep in mind.

Comment

UPDATE:

O i was able to borrow a SOLAS 14 1/2 stainless 4 blade 15 P (Fits perfect - just need to use the merc thrust washer). Unfortunately thought it made bugger all difference. Slightly better if anything. pushed 5300 trimmed right out doing 33 -34 knots. So maybe gained 100 rpm at most. Very disappointing as i thought i was on a winner.

I will recheck outboard height on pod - its on as high as it can go now...if still too low will have to come up with something then.....

I will check that im getting full throttle! It just doesnt seem right that i go down 2 prop sizes...granted one is a 4 blade.....and have minimal change!

Open to other ideas......Motor idles and seems to run fine but ill prob do a compression test anyway but will be surprised if thats an issue....
          Go borrow a 13P. Where are you because the only way in Victoria to borrow is from someone that you won't ask, if you get my meaning?

Comment

A good Yamaha dealer/ shop should have a test wheel that they could put on the motor and run in a tank to see if it can get up to a specific RPM showing the motor is running as it should or if there are motor issues. Helps pinpoint if you are having a motor or rigging issues

Comment

Thats a good idea re the test wheel 99yam40.

Zono I am in Brisbane and a nice bloke on a Bertram page on facebook messaged me saying he had one....still good people on this earth!

Comment

I removed VST and fuel injectors today. Ive found 3 x injectors with CDH275 on them and one green with EAT152 on it. One of the CDH175 also had "bad" written on it. Maybe onto something here.....

Has anyone had experience with the CDH275 injectors on fleabay? Can get 4 x for about $50.....

Comment

No idea what injectors are suppose to be in there, but if I was you I whould find out so you can install the correct ones.
                  Sounds like you got screwed over on this motor

Comment

I removed VST and fuel injectors today. Ive found 3 x injectors with CDH275 on them and one green with EAT152 on it. One of the CDH175 also had "bad" written on it. Maybe onto something here.....

Has anyone had experience with the CDH275 injectors on fleabay? Can get 4 x for about $50.....
                    Would be tempting since they are $117 new. Seems like the motor would be running poorly at all rpm if the injectors were the cause of the WOT issue. Maybe not.

EAT152 appears to be a diesel injector. That can't be good.
                    Last edited by pstephens46; 12-27-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Research has found they are the right injectors. Even the green EAT152 (its the new version) 63P-13761-01-00 instead of 63P-13761-00-00. So ill just get them cleaned and checked and go from there.

Comment

I would have thought the CDH175 would be different than CDH275 also

Comment

Research has found they are the right injectors. Even the green EAT152 (its the new version) 63P-13761-01-00 instead of 63P-13761-00-00. So ill just get them cleaned and checked and go from there.
                          The one with bad on it probably was cleaned, don't know how many times this can be done, if it is actually limiting your power output.
                          Surprizing the Up North blokes didn't recognise the Bertram, thought the design came from the USA , or at least inspired from American boats.
                          As you know made in Scoresby, just up the way from me, and still a few moored where I am in Patterson Lakes, now very cheap to buy second hand.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            I would have thought the CDH175 would be different than CDH275 also
                            Typo on the CDH175...was meant to be CDH275. Found out today my motor is a USA import (TXRD), Im in australia. Also found out that yammie parts in Oz are more than double than that on boats.net (even taking into consideration the dollar). Seems everything is $50....oil filter 50, low pressure fuel filter 50, o ring gasket on vst 50!!

Comment

Typo on the CDH175...was meant to be CDH275. Found out today my motor is a USA import (TXRD), Im in australia. Also found out that yammie parts in Oz are more than double than that on boats.net (even taking into consideration the dollar). Seems everything is $50....oil filter 50, low pressure fuel filter 50, o ring gasket on vst 50!!
                              You should be able to order from boats net, I'm pretty sure they deliver down under.. It'd still be a lot cheaper..

Just checked, they DO ship to Australia.
                              Scott
                              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

but I would think there will be duties to be paid by someone with parts coming into country

Comment

Working...
                                X