Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    nope ya just gotta look carefully.
    it has a tab and is about the size of a pencil eraser.
    K thanks again. Should be easier than taking the intake off - I hope

Comment

Stumpted. I see a connector to the right on the top and a plate to the left side with 3 screws.
      Last edited by knowhowiroll; 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Can you see any part of the top portion of the vst? The black plug covers a Schrader valve. Like a valve on a bicycle tire....

It is possible the plug has been removed. If so, look for the valve itself.

Or take a pic and post it here for further guidance.

Comment

strange it won't allow attachments when I pick the paperclip

I can see the top of the VST however nothing similar to a black tab or plug

I can see a connector to the right and a flat plate with 3 screws to the left and couple of hoses going down into VST and to smaller hose coming from the side.
          Last edited by knowhowiroll; 11-20-2017, 04:19 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

How long does it take to empty VST and fuel cup at idle.
            Last edited by knowhowiroll; 11-20-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

FAIRDEAL!!!!!!!!

Fairdeal may have tested this VST depletion on his motor.

For Pics:
              I use postimage.com. Upload there , scroll down and copy the link "Hot Link for Forums" Paste that to your post here.

Comment

Wish I could do that post image thing but I am right in the middle of my engine idling getting dark and waiting for some mix to run thru that I put into the separator.

If I could empty the VST and fuel cup ibekive I would probably be thru the mix going thru. I have been idling 15 minuets on the muffs and haven’t seen any smoke. Gonna get cold tonight and I want to ry wrapping this up in a bit.

Comment

Just remember to not turn the key to the on position once the VST has been drained. Only turn the key on when the VST has been refilled.

Pumps don't like to be run without being submerged in gasoline for lubrication and cooling.

Comment

Update on draining VST

Yep good tip on refilling the VST after draining it.

I removed the grey line with a red stripe from the top of the VST, unscrewed the drain valve and about 8 - 10 oz of fuel was decanted. Re primed the fuel cup and VST and all went well on that step.

Bad news is I believe I ran the impeller without sufficient fluid on a subsequent step (trying to run RV antifreeze through the muffs) and now the engine is not pulling water Oh well now I have to pull the lower unit and fix that.

Comment

How long did you run it in this suspected condition? They can take a little abuse.

Didn't think the V6 300 needed the antifreeze anyway. Just the V8.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                        How long did you run it in this suspected condition? They can take a little abuse.

Didn't think the V6 300 needed the antifreeze anyway. Just the V8.
                        Not very long at all - perhaps 20 - 30 seconds from the auxillary tank with muffs. Just never had a good feeling about it even before doing it without hose pressure.

Comment

Try the muffs again. I use two hoses to run my motor. One to flush adapter and the muffs. Really don't think the antifreeze is necessary. It should all drain back out anyway. Where does this boat live? State? Just curious.

Comment

Michigan. To do the winterizing part I taped the water inlets at front of the foot used muffs without disconnects and had the flush connect going as well.

The issue with impeller happened after I switched to the RV tank. No flush connected of course.

Was leery about even thinking about it weeks ago as part of the procedure. It always has a very weak stream even on the muffs and flush connect imo. Just never seems as strong as low speed idling while underway.

Just not enough pressure imo. Won't be doing that anytime soon

Comment

Are we chasing a ghost? Damn if I can find a plug for a Schraeder valve on that particular model.

You can drain the VST but it is going to be very very difficult to drain the entire fuel system. Why not treat about a gallon of gasoline with a fuel stabilizer and simply run the motor until that mix has been fully ingested? The entire fuel supply from the fuel filter onward will have been treated.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                                Are we chasing a ghost? Damn if I can find a plug for a Schraeder valve on that particular model.

You can drain the VST but it is going to be very very difficult to drain the entire fuel system. Why not treat about a gallon of gasoline with a fuel stabilizer and simply run the motor until that mix has been fully ingested? The entire fuel supply from the fuel filter onward will have been treated.
                                Think he drained it finally and then ran it for awhile to try to draw the mix through. Now he is having issues peeing....

Now I see where the mix was added to the separator.

Comment

Working...
                                X