OX66 225 coil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Right you are. Wondering why would the RR be integrated with the CDI.
    I thought I just hurt my foot when I fell into my pool fully clothed yesterday, I must have also hit my head.
    Only in an Etec. There seems to be a higher than normal number of failures of the combo EMM/RR. Which has to be water cooled of course.

Integration of electronics is just fine, until it isn't.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall sitting around a bunch of engineers trying to determine how their product should be designed. I would probably laugh so hard I would lose my grip and fall to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker2510_OX66 View Post

that's the load test I have been running. I use a 100 gallon tub to run it in. 1500 rpm in the drive way
      Did you do any open testing also?

Comment

Loaded in the context of electrical components does not mean that the engine has a load on it.

Loaded means that the electrical components are hooked up as they would be coming from the factory. Unloaded means the component has been disconnected from the motor.

A stator for instance can be checked for output voltage with the stator being disconnected from the R/R. This is unloaded. It can also be checked for voltage with it being connected to the R/R. This would be loaded.

I got an electrical generator test (stator and magnets) unit in my basement. Unloaded it can spin freely. With a half horse motor. Forever. Generates about 90 AC volts.

If I connect it to the R/R (loaded) it only outputs about 60 AC volts and is very difficult to turn. A 2 HP motor will stall out.

Comment

It could also generally have meant that the engine RPM' s are at more operating conditions that you would not rev to in idle, the electrics would be required to do more work and are at higher stress when hotter at higher rev's.
          Last edited by zenoahphobic; 12-27-2017, 07:55 PM. Reason: brain too slow to think past one point.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Only in an Etec. There seems to be a higher than normal number of failures of the combo EMM/RR. Which has to be water cooled of course.

Integration of electronics is just fine, until it isn't.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall sitting around a bunch of engineers trying to determine how their product should be designed. I would probably laugh so hard I would lose my grip and fall to the floor.
            Yeah I've often wonder about those discussions prioritising production costs versus reliability (lasting the warrantee period).
            You would know a basic rule in electronics was never to mix high current stuff with low current stuff (low signal where current didn't matter, and power (signal ) current was the priority.
            But I still don't believe you can design a component to just last an exact amount of time.

Comment

anyone remember the first ford Dura-spark?
              anyone remember why the Dura-spark II was released?

Comment

Maybe spark jumping /tracking where it should not have in the rotor and cap?

Comment

Working...
                X