Timing Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt

A friend of mine had the valves of the engine of his car damaged after the rupture of the timing belt. Can this happend with my Yamaha 15Hp, 4 strokes outboard?

most likely.
    most Yamaha 4 strokes with belts are interference motors. I don't think Yamaha has posted a list in some years but the 05 F15 was an interference motor.

Comment

I am still trying to find someone who has had a Yamaha belt fail without some outside cause. I posted on THT the exact question. All those thousands of members and not one single response.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        I am still trying to find someone who has had a Yamaha belt fail without some outside cause. I posted on THT the exact question. All those thousands of members and not one single response.
        Not to be confused with a question to which there are tens if not hundreds of responses. Some times the same answer is provided ad infinitum. Some times the answers are north, south, east and west. Some times fights break out over the best answer. Which is the best outboard motor for me?

Comment

The F15 has been offered since 1998. We have no idea what specific F15 your are asking about.

If your F15 has 66M in the prefix of the engine ID it is an interference model. If it does not have 66M in the prefix the chances that it is an interference model are very high.

I have a car made by Ford. Does it have a timing belt? Does it have a timing chain? If it breaks will something bad happen?

People sure do like to have us guess as to what model Yamaha motor they have.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            30 posts now on a question related to the use of tap water or well water.

No mention of what the situation may be if tap water comes from a well.

Comment

I have never seen a belt break just cause.
              I have seen them go well over 5000 hours.
              maint schedule is every 5 years OR 1000 hours. but to inspect them much more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                I have never seen a belt break just cause.
                I have seen them go well over 5000 hours.
                maint schedule is every 5 years OR 1000 hours. but to inspect them much more frequently.
                Gonna roll dem bones on that one for awhile. Have some other projects in mind first.

Comment

Grappling with smoked chicken or blackened? Can't decide. Emptying freezer and will make good leftovers regardless. 1st world problems.

Comment

I am not sure I have heard of blackened chicken.
                    How is that done?
                    close to blackened redfish?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      I am not sure I have heard of blackened chicken.
                      How is that done?
                      close to blackened redfish?
                      Blackened Chicken Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Yammi not sure if you can get to this link or not, I think on firefox you have had some issues.

I was in your area this week but couldn't get to go fishing guide couldn't get live bait to go out and I wasn't interested in cut bait and bottom fishing. did see quite a few fish breaking surface 75 yards or so off the beach on Galveston Island where we were.
                      Dennis
                      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

do you use just skinless breast meat or other parts with skin on also for blackening?
                        I will have to try this

Comment

We have just used boneless ******* not sure bone in legs would work well, but you should be able to use a boneless thigh too. Not sure how ******* got there but that is breas**.
                          Dennis

Comment

did I miss spell or am I prevaliged some how

Comment

Maybe I was punished by using plural s
                              Dennis

Comment

Working...
                              X