Multifunction gauge install on a 2006 G3 jonboat with a 2006 90TLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction gauge install on a 2006 G3 jonboat with a 2006 90TLR

Just purchased this 20' jon boat and it has nothing in the way of gauges except for fuel. Having just sold a 22' Seaswirl with a 200 Yamaha I loved the multifunction tach gauge so I purchased the Tach Kit 6YR-W0035-E1-00. My question is about the hookup. The diagram included with the kit shows four wires coming off the ignition switch...green, yellow, black and red but my switch has no additional wires coming out of it. There's a small harness diverted on the main harness on the way to the ignition switch that I believe is this group. The Yellow and black wires are attached to the fuel gauge. Should I disconnect them and hook up the kits dual fuse cable as shown in the diagram then connect the fuel gauge yellow and black wires to the tach end? They have dual female connectors. I have set the tach dip switches to On, Off, Off to correspond to "2001 and newer", "90-250HP 12 pole", "2 stroke".

What type of control box? Top mount 704 type or side mount 703 type?

Comment

Multifunction gauge install on a 2006 G3 jonboat with a 2006 90TLR

704 mounted on console.

Comment

From a power supply and tachometer input standpoint the configuration should look like this.

Comment

Working...
        X