yamaha 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 250

looking at a boat that was built in 2007 and has a yamaha 250 (original install) on it with only 48 hours (according to the salesman). My initial reaction is not good as I thought motors are best used frequently and older low hours motors probably come with a host of problems. Am I overreacting or is that general consensus.

Should I proceed the sale would be contingent on getting a survey and the motor checked out - but not sure I want to go to the next step. Your thoughts.

Survey from someone you trust and test drive running the heck out of it to make sure it does run well at all RPMs and loads

Comment

They can plug into the computer and get an exact hour run, what RPM's, any error codes, etc.

I would insist on a new WP as it's TEN years old and the vanes very likely have a set.

As for a survey, certainly can't hurt...

Good luck...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Plus one to all that was said.

Run, run and run as much as possible.

I wonder how much old crappy gas is in that boat as well??

Comment

If you got a "good deal" on a 2007 car that had less than 100 miles, do you think it would last a long time?

I'd run away from any outboard engine not used at lease 50 hours per year (preferably 100+ annually). But that's me...
          Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Working...
          X