2017 F250: max at 5000 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 F250: max at 5000 rpm

I've got a 2017 Yamaha F250 on a 24' Release CC. I'm feeling like something isn't right, WOT is 5000 RPM at about 31 mph. Release has a dry weight of 3,500 lbs. I would expect 6000 rpm with top speed either high 30s or low 40s.

Does this sound right and if not does anyone have thoughts to what's up?

Thanks

Doesn't sound right to me. What prop do you have? Have you checked the performance bulletins over at the Yamaha website. Find your boat or one similar. Compare props.

Or take it back to dealer and let them figure it out. Motor may be mounted too low also.

Comment

What model motor?

What brand/model/pitch propeller?

Engine trimmed up to the point of maximum boat speed?

Boat loaded or not? If so, how?

Comment

It's a F250UCA with Stainless prop from Release. 19 pitch, I'll have to confirm the diameter. Boat isn't loaded with gear and just me on boat. Tank was 3/4 full of 127 gallon tank.

Comment

What's the deal with your dealer? It wouldn't make sense for you to go to any expense addressing this. Would they at least provide a 17 pitch prop for you to try at no cost? What diameter is the Release?

Mounting height of motor: I believe the cavitation plate on mid section should just ride out of water when on plane. You will need someone to drive to check this....I do know a few fools that would attempt this on their own.

That boat requires a 30" shaft length?
          Last edited by pstephens46; 09-05-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X