T60 driveshaft oil seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T60 driveshaft oil seals

After a little rehab work while doing the water pump on my 2010 t60tlr ,I've decided to replace the 2 oil seals in the housing. The top one was really caked up with salt and corrosion behind the lip . Any tips on removal and replacement would be greatly appreciated. Looks like the depth is approx. 1/8" below the ss retaining clip.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by b.quick8 View Post
    After a little rehab work while doing the water pump on my 2010 t60tlr ,I've decided to replace the 2 oil seals in the housing. The top one was really caked up with salt and corrosion behind the lip . Any tips on removal and replacement would be greatly appreciated. Looks like the depth is approx. 1/8" below the ss retaining clip.
    I can see that retaining clip in the parts break down...but not in the service manual I have looked at....hmmm

No matter, take note how far down those seals are down in the housing before you take them out. And which direction the seals are facing.

See pics....this may not be your exact setup....but should be a good guide.

You don't need that special seal driver...a socket of the correct size or a piece of PVC pipe...ect
    Attached Files
    Last edited by panasonic; 09-01-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I do not see the corrosion, but measure the position of both before removing

Comment

Is is a pic of the flip side. It's pretty crusty down inside the housing along the shaft by the seals.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X