130 fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130 fuel issue

Have a 2000 130, it will not idle without manipulating idle screw. I just replaced the entire fuel line, hoping this would cure the problem, as in addition to not idleing, I have to feather the throttle to get going. The engine runs great at top speeds. I have not cleaned the carbs yet, could this be a fuel pump issue?.

not fuel pump if it runs perfect with high demand....

Comment

pt73,
      Sounds like clogged low speed jets.
      If that motor was allowed to set up for more than a month w/o being run, and the storage procedure in the owner's manual was not followed, then the carbs are probably clogged with gum/varnish.
      You could try a shock treatment with SeaFoam or RingFree - this works sometimes as it cleans the fuel system and de-carbonizes the motor.
      If the shock treatment doesn't work, try taking out all of the jets and pilot screws that you can get to and squirt some Berryman's Chemtool into the orifices. Those pilot screws should be set to 7/8 turn out + - 1/4 turn.
      If the above does not do the trick, then time for carb teardown, cleaning, and kit install.
      Boats.net, sponsor of this forum, has great prices and service on Yamaha parts.
      Also, if those spark plugs are at least one year old, replace them.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X