Motor dies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor dies.

I have a 2007 Yamaha T8D outboard for my pontoon which will start and idle but when put into gear dies out. Can start sometimes and rev in neutral but does not go full power and when you throttle back dies out again. Have new premium fuel, water is coming out as it idles. Any ideas.

Ethanol fuel and if so how long has it sat?

Sounds like your carb needs cleaning...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for reply, I always use non ethy premium. Could the card still be the issue.

Comment

How old is the fuel and was it stabilized (plz be honest)..
        Scott

Comment

The boat did sit for a month between uses.

Comment

Was the fuel treated with stabilizer?
            Scott

Comment

The fuel was bought in may, I did add the stabilizer but the boat sat for a month when we were gone. We don't use that often. I get serviced every fall and winterized.

Comment

Depending on the stabilizer, it should have kept the fuel from going bad.

From your description, my $'s on the carb being clogged.. There should be
                a drain screw in the bottom of the float bowl. Remove that and catch what comes out.

You inspecting for any crap AND if it smells bad/stale.

Worse case, yank the carb, pull the bowl, then R&R the idle and main jet.

You should also drain/clean out the fuel tank so you don't re-introduce bad gas into your fuel system..

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...TOR/parts.html

Jets 9, 10 and 11, specifically. Count for air screw #16 the number of turns out(gently seat) for later correct
                adjustment.

**All the new fuel in the world WON'T CLEAN a clogged carburetor.
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-15-2017, 06:24 PM.
                Scott

Comment

I did try replacing all the old fuel with new premium today which didn't make a difference .

Comment

Thanks for info, cant get any service guys to come out and work on. Will try to work through what you suggest.

Comment

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-15-2017, 06:29 PM.
                      Scott

Comment

Thanks will try it.

Comment

Make sure you remove the jets and can see light thru them . The orifices are EXTREMELY small...

Plz post back what you find..
                          Scott

Comment

Working...
                          X