No announcement yet.

2000 150 OX66 power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And/or... for now... they're both right there on the side of the engine. Take the hood off and look - the VST tank is the big silver tank. The filter is... well... a filter. I don't mean this to sound to crass, but if you're not up to identifying an "engine mounted fuel filter" without help, then you might want to hire someone to do the work (the VST is understandable if this engine is new to you... although google can help, too).
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
      And/or... for now... they're both right there on the side of the engine. Take the hood off and look - the VST tank is the big silver tank. The filter is... well... a filter. I don't mean this to sound to crass, but if you're not up to identifying an "engine mounted fuel filter" without help, then you might want to hire someone to do the work (the VST is understandable if this engine is new to you... although google can help, too).
      Thanks,

No offense taken. Built many engines for race cars, only rebuilt 1 outboard motor when I was a kid and had assistance (1954 Johnson 5-1/2 hp.). Since my post I did a bit of research and understand how the fuel system works and have ordered both filters for each motor, 2 gaskets for each VST and 2 o2 sensors since they have not been replaced/clean in a while. I figure the first engine will take me about a 1-1/2 hrs and 2 wobbly-pops, the second engine should take about 30 mins. since I will then be familiar with the process.

Comment

Well, definitely go with 2 of the wobbly-pops... why would you waste a half of one, otherwise!

They're good engines - not overly complicated, either. Generally, make sure fuel is clean and a good supply of oil and they'll run for a long, long time.

Oh... the screws on the top of the VST are Japanese phillips. You can use a regular phillips head, just keep a lot of downward pressure on them if you can't easily pickup a Japanese screwdriver. Also... if you didn't already take notice... it's much easier to remove the VST cap by first removing the mounting bolts for the VST tank and let it just hang there by the hoses. 10mm socket for those bolts, if memory serves.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
        X