Running mixed twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running mixed twins

Currently have Twin 1993 Yamaha 200 2strokes.

One of them needs a new powerhead.
    With them being so old, I don't want to throw more money at them.
    I want to repower the boat over the winter with some used 2005 or newer 4strokes.

So, I have a 1997 Yamaha 250 OX66 in the garage.

Thinking about running the 200 and 250 just to get another month or two of boating in before starting the repower.

Is this insane or ok?

There is an video floating around where Evinrude hung a 150 Etec and a Yam F200 I-4 on the same transom. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

Comment

propping it correctly might be interseting.

will have to play with the throttles to keep it evened out, but that is easy enough to get use to

Comment

somewhere here I have a pic of a catamaran tour boat on Margarita Island that had a 70 and a 115 on the back.
        run it.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          somewhere here I have a pic of a catamaran tour boat on Margarita Island that had a 70 and a 115 on the back.
          run it.
          Of course, it was an island tour boat so all they had to do was go in circles!

Comment

The boat neither knows nor cares what brand or model is mounted on the transom. It might care about weight but that is it.

Here is a twin powered boat with one Yam and one Zuk. Left motor is right hand turn and right motor is left hand turn. Just opposite of most. Boat runs just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X