Yamaha starter replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha starter replacement

I have a bad starter on my F115 TXRD and have been looking for a replacement. They all look the same but I am having trouble finding my exact part number. I'm guessing they are all the same and will work. Can anyone confirm and recommend any place to find one new or preferably used cause they are a lot more than a car starter. Thanks

what is wrong with the starter?
    do you have a local starter/alternator repair shop that can look at it and repair it?

Click on the red Purchase Yamaha parts at the top of the page to find your part number

Comment

perhaps I'm confused - isn't this it?

2005 F115TXRD Yamaha Outboard STARTING MOTOR Diagram and Parts

do you have a local "auto electric" shop? there's a good chance they could repair your starter at a much lower cost than simply replacing it

have to say, Yamaha makes some inscrutable pricing decisions for their spare parts;

looking at the starter motor - they will let one buy just the armature -

for $20 more than what they charge for a complete starter?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

have to say, Yamaha makes some inscrutable pricing decisions for their spare parts;

looking at the starter motor - they will let one buy just the armature -

I certainly agree. The solenoid was acting up on my F115 but overall, it was cheaper to buy a complete starter.

Comment

Inscrutable people make inscrutable decisions.

I second the "take it to an auto electric shop".

Or try DB Electrical. https://www.dbelectrical.com/starter...yamaha-marine/

Comment

they will let one buy just the armature -
            Originally posted by Reel Kahuna View Post
            The solenoid was acting up on my F115 but overall, it was cheaper to buy a complete starter.
            The more I think about it, the more surreal it is.

Yamaha USA clearly makes all those listed parts "available" -
            so whether or not a dealer like boats. net actually stocks it,

quantities must be sitting somewhere in a Yamaha warehouse
            to what end?

Yamaha has real upfront costs to procure, package, ship to the USA, and warehouse -

then someone prices it in such a way to ensure that the parts will never actually be sold -
            just eventually "written off"

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              what is wrong with the starter?
              do you have a local starter/alternator repair shop that can look at it and repair it?

Click on the red Purchase Yamaha parts at the top of the page to find your part number
              There's a compression ring and a spacer that popped off the top so it wasn't fully disengaging and it was rubbing on the flywheel Making a horrible noise. It actually chipped a piece off the top. I'm down in the keys for lobster miniseason and I was able to put a Band-Aid fix on it but will need to replace it soon. The electric shop sounds good but I don't know how they fix the chipped piece. I also see a lot of used ones on eBay for the hundred to $150 range But part number is slightly different.

Comment

All you can do about a broken piece is replace it. did you look and find the proper part # for your motor?
                did they show the part you need to fix your starter?

pic of you broken piece might get recommendations of if it is repairable.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...-01-00&_sop=15

Comment

Originally posted by Ernstaa149 View Post
                    There's a compression ring and a spacer that popped off the top so it wasn't fully disengaging and it was rubbing on the flywheel Making a horrible noise. It actually chipped a piece off the top. I'm down in the keys for lobster miniseason and I was able to put a Band-Aid fix on it but will need to replace it soon. The electric shop sounds good but I don't know how they fix the chipped piece. I also see a lot of used ones on eBay for the hundred to $150 range But part number is slightly different.
                    Chris Carson in Key Largo usually has a pile of engines laying around. He might be able to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Captn Dave View Post
                      Chris Carson in Key Largo usually has a pile of engines laying around. He might be able to help you out.
                      Do you have any contact information for him or a business name?

Comment

(305) 852-2725 Is his phone number

Comment

Working...
                        X