Mikuni oil pump upgrade for 88' 200 HP ETLG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikuni oil pump upgrade for 88' 200 HP ETLG

New to forum and new to Yamaha. Just bought a replacement pump - every schematic I can find references the old obsolete one - pumps are completely different. I am hoping someone can help me figure out which outlet on the pump goes to which cylinder on the motor.

look at the diagram for a 1991 up 2.6l carbed.
    the switch to mikuni was about 1990.

Comment

Hopefully you got the kit.

Get your selling dealer to provide you with a copy of technical bulletin O90-016. Modification instructions are contained therein.

Comment

I did get the kit and the bulletin was included, unfortunately it does not include this important (I think) detail...

Comment

Six outlets feeding six cylinders. All getting the same volume of oil. Does it really matter which cylinder gets fed by which pump outlet?

Now the length of the lines will vary depending upon the distance from the pump to the particular cylinder.

Did you go to a later parts catalog and see how the various hoses are routed like Rodnut suggested? The parts catalog might give you a clue as to which hose length goes where, if the individual hoses do not have part numbers on them.

Comment

Thanks, I found a similar answer on a different forum. I was mostly concerned because for the older pump, the instructions were so specific that they all be kept in the correct order. I was not able to find any diagrams that clearly showed the order. Knowing that this pump "pulses" to all lines at the same time helps.

Comment

While I don't think it makes a rats behind you can route the oil hoses based on an illustration in an SM that uses the later pump. For instance

Comment

While I don't think it makes a rats behind you can route the oil hoses based on an illustration in an SM that uses the later pump. For instance

Comment

Thanks for the illustration Boscoe, I should hopefully have it put back together and running by this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X