carb delema/question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb delema/question

what is the difference between 150 and 200 carbs? besides the jetting, are the bores bigger? air flow rate? i went on ebay a couple weeks ago and bought what seemed to be 200 carbs and bought rebuild kits for all (all oem parts). during the rebuild i noticed that they were jetted for a 200 hp motor but the bores are the same size as the ones (carbs) i removed. my engine is a v150tlr...thanks for any insight ya'll might have.

anyone have any ideas???

Comment

Just so you do not think no one is reading your posts, I have no idea what the difference is.
      that being said the air going in has to change also if the fuel is changing

Comment

I really cannot answer that question either. I do know that some motorcycles used the same carbs for different displacement engines...eg. 1000 cc and a 1100 cc with different jets installed.. But the hp increase was minimal..something like 8-10 hp.

But a 50 hp jump would seem like a very big jump with the same size carbs even with bigger jets...

Why are you putting 200 carbs on a 150? Could you not find any 150 carbs?

Or are you trying to get more juice out of your engine?

Comment

I can't contribute an answer to your question....but I'd like to hear how your 150 runs with the carbs from a 200.
          Jason
          1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

The 150 bores should be smaller. The 175 and 200 have larger bores but are jetted differently.
            Have you ever had your reed valve assemblies off? I believe you have a single row vice the double row's that the larger engines use. Later 150's went with a double row.

Your engine should also have a unique exhaust and tuner.

I had the same engine and was also thinking of going with 200 carbs and thought a plug and play to gain HP would be as simple as it seems. But you will also have to change your reed valve assemblies and not sure about exhaust.

That engine is known for using less fuel. I would leave it as it is. My engine was a great running engine. It didn't start cold as easy as my 1997 200's but I ran that engine hard and didn't burn that much fuel.

Comment

Working...
            X