Start Over - 2002 90TLR No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Over - 2002 90TLR No Spark

So I have about 3 weeks before any shops around here can take a look at things. So I decided to back up and punt, and start over. Below is a link to a PDF of the Yamaha testing procedure and my results. The ONLY way I can get spark is to disconnect the 10 pin harness AND the yellow emergency wire from the CDI. Then I have spark, it won't start but it will backfire. If I connect the 10 pin harness I can't get spark or voltage out of the CDI no matter what. The white kill circuit tests open, no continuity to ground, but I've also disconnected it at the CDI. Are there any other wires in the main harness that would kill the spark? The crank position sensor that 99yam told me to check is a little low connected, and fine disconnected. Weird that my charge coil was failing when loaded before but now it isn't. Anyway, please take a look at my results and if you have any suggestions please let me know. Other than a few weird things, it seems black and white to replace the CDI I'd say. Thanks again.

Here is the pdf.
    https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

link has nothing.
    probably better to just list the readings in the post

Comment

Working...
    X