T9.9 Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T9.9 Questions?

Hello all, I got a few questions about a T9.9.

The engines are: T9.9 XPB 6AVK X 1022997 DOM: 08/13 they are brand new old stock.

Friend of mine has twin T9.9 on his 28 foot catamaran sail boat and is trying to get them propped right.

- I have service manual LIT-18616-03-46 and owners manual LIT-18616-07-07 for these. Are they the correct manuals for these?

- Do these engines have Rev limiters, and rpm reduction protection? I see only oil pressure switch on wiring diagram....so no overtemp provided. Need to know for sure, I don't like to assume if at all possible.

- Assuming that the manuals listed above ARE correct. The owners manual state's the max full throttle operating range is 4000-5000 RPM. Whereas the Service manual state's that the operating range is 5000-6000 RPM???

- Currently the engines max out at 5000 RPM and are propped with 11 3/4 X 7

(Boscoe... I am looking hard for the above info, not sitting around, drinking coffee and smoking backy)

Any help is appreciated greatly.
    Last edited by panasonic; 07-25-2017, 01:20 PM. Reason: change

I only see one motor listed. T9.9XPB 6AVK X 1022997.

Registered to an owner in Nova Scotia. Under warranty until 10/28/2019. There is an open technical bulletin that applies. Related to:

F4~F70 MODELS CONFORMING TO NOA SPECIFICATIONS FACTORY MODIFICATION CAMPAIGN – Fuel Hose, Fuel Joint, Fuel Tank

Service manual is LIT-18616-03-46. Owners manual is LIT-18626-10-15.

The CDI should have an over rev limiter incorporated therein. I don't see an over temperature switch so it appears there is no over temperature protection. As you know, there is an oil pressure switch and a light. The CDI should provide RPM reduction in the event of low oil pressure.

Red line RPM is 6000. Should be propped to be there or near there when the throttle is wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      I only see one motor listed. T9.9XPB 6AVK X 1022997.

Registered to an owner in Nova Scotia. Under warranty until 10/28/2019. There is an open technical bulletin that applies. Related to:

F4~F70 MODELS CONFORMING TO NOA SPECIFICATIONS FACTORY MODIFICATION CAMPAIGN – Fuel Hose, Fuel Joint, Fuel Tank

Service manual is LIT-18616-03-46. Owners manual is LIT-18626-10-15.

The CDI should have an over rev limiter incorporated therein. I don't see an over temperature switch so it appears there is no over temperature protection. As you know, there is an oil pressure switch and a light. The CDI should provide RPM reduction in the event of low oil pressure.

Red line RPM is 6000. Should be propped to be there or near there when the throttle is wide open.
      Thanks for the reply.

He only sent me a picture of one of the engines data plates. But tells me that they are the exact same model and same year. The S/N's are only a couple of digits apart. I believe he got the engines from two different dealers.

A bit hard to get close enough to take a picture of the port engine data plate....have to get into another boat or go swimming to get to that engine...lol

So he has the proper Service manual for it...which is great. And I will ask him to look at his owners manual LIT# again.

I will let him know about the factory campaign.

Now he can get on with getting the right props on them....

The two little devils will push that boat at about 8-9 knots all day long @ 5000 RPM

Thanks for the great information once again!!!!
      Last edited by panasonic; 07-25-2017, 03:47 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I'd like to see a boat with twin 9.9 motors....

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          you do realize it is a sail boat right?

Comment

Yes. Never heard of twin 9.9 motors.

Is there a counter rotating 9.9?

Comment

being a cat, you would have a hard time pushing on just one hull
              I do not think the L would make much difference pushing at hull speed with motors that far apart
              Last edited by 99yam40; 07-25-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Wasn't serious about the left hand motor...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  Two engines are mounted just inside of each hull probably about 10 or 11 feet apart. Both locked straight ahead, use the boats rudder to steer. They have remote control for shift, throttle and power trim and tilt!!!

Boat is 28 feet long and 15 feet wide.

I think he told me that he had them running for 40 hours straight coming up the eastern seaboard....no wind for sails. Cool set up.

Comment

Working...
                  X