2005 F150 balancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F150 balancer

Does anyone know if Yamaha is paying for the repairs when the balancer goes out on these model motors? Pretty sure that is what has happened to mine after reading all the reports on here.

On a 2005 model year motor there is one chance. None.

Hopefully only your balancer is damaged and not the motor itself.

Comment

F150

That is what is figured..... I'm gonna take it off and see how bad it is. Hopefully there is no internal damage.

Thanks

Comment

What did you notice? Was is whining and then stopped suddenly while motor running? Oil pressure alarm?

Comment

Yamaha won't replace it, too old (and out of warranty)

Just asked Mamma Yamaha last week.

You want the latest unit, type FOUR.

Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

When was the start of type four

Not that either of mine are having balancer problems. (knock on wood)
            Just was curious when type four started being used. I have one 2008 & one 2010 (F150)

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
              Not that either of mine are having balancer problems. (knock on wood)
              Just was curious when type four started being used. I have one 2008 & one 2010 (F150)
              Go to the Yamaha website and plug your engine ID's into the parts catalog database. It will take you to your specific ship serials. You can then look at the illustration labeled cylinder crankcase 1 to see if the -04-00 balancer was used or not.

Comment

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info Boscoe.

Comment

Only up to 2011

Unless I'm reading it wrong it appears like the list only goes as high as 2011, and as of that year they show type 3.

Comment

It was 2012 or 2013 when 04 was introduced.
                    Damned if I can remember which year...

Comment

Kirk, my '06 engine was changed out to a type 3 under warranty.

I, after the warranty expired, (and they put out type 4) was told by Yamaha the type 3 is fine. Some very slight differences to quiet it down. NOT like the type 2, that failed.

You may call Yamaha tech to confirm the above:
                      http://www.yamaha-motor.com/corporate/contactus.aspx

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...500-04-00.html

http://www.simyamaha.com/BALANCER_AS...0-04-00kit.htm

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-25-2017, 07:48 AM.
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Unless I'm reading it wrong it appears like the list only goes as high as 2011, and as of that year they show type 3.
                        The F150 ended in 2011.

Then the F150A was introduced.

Then the F150B was introduced.

Then the F150c was introduced.

The -04-00 balancer was introduced in 2012. Mid-stream during production.

Looks like some training in the use of the parts catalog is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                          Kirk, my '06 engine was changed out to a type 3 under warranty.

I, after the warranty expired, (and they put out type 4) was told by Yamaha the type 3 is fine. Some very slight differences to quiet it down. NOT like the type 2, that failed.

What else could they say?

The -03-00 is so fine that they decided to update it just because they could. Engineering was slow so they updated it just to fill their time.

Comment

Correct. The -04-00 update came later. In mid-2012. Depends upon the engine serial number.

Your motors do not have the latest part number balancer.

Comment

Thanks

Yes thats what I thought. Does the type 3 have steel gears?
                              The last two times I changed the oil in the engine, just for kicks I strained the oil through a nylon stocking to see if there were any particles of anything. I know the oil filter would probably catch anything but I wanted to see if there was even a tiny particle....nothing...clear. I think I won't let this balancer thing worry me until I can actually hear something. Life is too short.

Comment

Working...
                              X