emergency fuel lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency fuel lever

On cold days I would remove the motor cover.and right behind the silencer is a lever,an emergency fuel lever.I would turn it to emergency fuel start engine the return lever to normal.Just recently when I return it to normal position,it dies out.However if I leave it in emergency position it will stay on.Any help would be appreciated.

Too many yam outboards model/year engines to guess which you're asking about. Reply back with this info and you'll certainly get assistance.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Sounds like you're talking about the Primestart lever....should be 3 positions...on, off and normal(automatic) which should provide automatic fuel enrichening for starting. If there is a problem with the Primestart unit then it may only work with the lever in the on position.

Comment

carbs need cleaning if the extra fuel is needed from the switch set to e to keep it running

Comment

emergency fuel lever

Sorry I'm new here. It was asked about the yamaha model number. It is Yamaha 50TLRC.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            carbs need cleaning if the extra fuel is needed from the switch set to e to keep it running
            Like 99yam40 sez - or in other words, if you need to use your emergency fuel lever, you have a problem that requires attention. Many threads here discuss solutions.

What's in your favor is you have one of Yamaha's bullet proof engines that were built for the guy making a living from the water and for most fixes require only hand tools. With careful attention your issue will likely only cost you a couple gaskets, maybe a diaphragm and an afternoon with a cold six. The toughest part will be getting the afternoon without being rushed or interrupted.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

emergency fuel lever

Thank you gentlemen ,I now have direction.

Comment

Working...
              X