Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tach stopped displaying its accumulated operating hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach stopped displaying its accumulated operating hours.

The tach on my V150 TLRB stopped displaying its accumulated operating hours and only displays the trip hours.

The tach is the Yamaha multi-function type with the two buttons on the front and 4 individual wire connectors in the back.

I have tried wiggling the wires and pressing extra hard on the button in an effort to switch the display from trip hours to accumulated hours to no avail.

I am looking for a way to get it to display the accumulated operating hours instead of the trip hours and would appreciate any suggestions towards that end.

Thanks

I have yet to get this concern resolved and would sure appreciate some feed back.

Comment

Maybe Boscoe will be able to help.

IN my opinion,
      Possible the button on tach is not functioning or other connections inside the tach.

Does every thing else seem to be working OK?

Comment

Only comment I have is that it would appear to be a button not working as 99yam suggests.

Either open the tachometer up to inspect the button/button connections or perhaps send it off to the guy that repairs Yam multi-function tachometers. fairdeal has posted links several times here.

Comment

Thank you both for your prompt and very informative replies.

Yes, every thing else on the tach. works just fine - and so I guess that the first order of business will be for me to open it up and see if this is an issue that I can resolve.

If not, i will follow up on Mr. Fairdeal's post and send it off for repairs.

Regards and have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year !

Comment

Thank you Mr. Bosce99

Sent tach to GUAGESAVER.com and I am very, very happy that i did.

As you had correctly mentioned, it turned out to be a failed mode button that was causing the problem.

They fixed it so that it now displays the total hours, which serves me just fine.

I use hours and date to track all the maintenance and repairs procedures performed on the boat, motor and trailer and all of that comes in very handy and eliminates guesswork.

Well, I went out Monday morning watched the sun rise, and caught the first fish of the year which turned out to be a very healthy 25" Red.

Life is good !

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you go the problem fixed.

That is a beautiful photograph. Enjoy that taste redfish.

Comment

Blackened, grilled, or fried .
                Fresh Redfish is mighty good

Comment

Working...
                X