Proper Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Prop

What other prop can I use with my 2017 F200 SDS motor. The Reliance SDS is back ordered till the end of August. The factory just put a regular ss prop on it.

In addition to the Reliance model with SDS Yamaha also offers the Saltwater Series II with SDS and a Saltwater Series HS4 with SDS. There may be other SDS models as well. Yamaha seems to be adding them as time goes by. Whether they are the correct propeller for your motor, only you can tell.

There is no such thing as an SDS motor by the way. A number of Yamaha's were delivered with SDS propeller hardware but that does not mean that you are limited to the use of an SDS propeller.

There are a number of different brands, models and sizes of propellers that will work with your motor. Solas, Michigan Wheel, Mercury Marine, and other non-Yamaha companies all make a bewildering number of propellers. Both with and without SDS equivalent technology.

Choice of a propeller is highly subjective. One brand/model/pitch does not fit all. Which is why there are so many choices. It takes effort in the form of time and money to determine the best propeller choice for a particular application. Don't forget engine height if you are interested in optimizing your performance.

Comment

There are companies that do a good job of lining people up with the best props for there boat/motor set up.
      do a web search for Prop Gods (I think )

where are you and the rig located?

might start out with this Yamaha site to see what they used on a rig like or close to yours.
      Outboard Performance, Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards
      Last edited by 99yam40; 06-24-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Email Ken at Propgods.

Comment

Working...
        X