Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1042.jpgWas removing stubborn oil filter on f115 and accidentally hit a hose just to the rear of the filter. The hose was connected to what looks like some sort of bronze fitting attached to power head. Sheared off the top of the connector where hose connects. Any ideas what this part is and how to fix? Thanks.

Most responses on here will need to know the year and full model F115---- for an accurate response.
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

It's a 2014 F 115 XA. Thanks.

Comment

here's your pic rotated - its the exhaust cover - so water, in or out -
        maybe where the flush hose connects?

Boscoe or Rodbolt will be on this like a dog on a mailman...

Comment

2006 and Later F115XA Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE 1 Diagram and Parts

These diagrams are SO bad

Part 17? 10 bucks?

I think they are pressed in according to Rod. And I think he said loctite 518 to reinstall?

Comment

Check out item 17 in the attached file

You can find this listed under your year 2006 and later and engine model on the parts area of this site cylinder crankcase 1
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dray0151; 06-22-2017, 08:57 PM.
            Dennis
            Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Part 17? 10 bucks?
              maybe.

"with all due respect" our hosts here have a very sub-standard parts "fiche" system.

lumping everything post-2006 together is really not acceptable.

and the graphic quality is "the pits"

Comment

That does look like it. Thanks. Any tricks on removal and reinstall. Appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Comment

?
                  How so?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't spend $49 on snagit as you did. Because I knew you already had it! So for the 99.9% of the rest of us, the diagrams SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                      maybe.

"with all due respect" our hosts here have a very sub-standard parts "fiche" system.

lumping everything post-2006 together is really not acceptable.

and the graphic quality is "the pits"
                      I have been meaning to send boats.net an email about this. Not sure why they don't list all of the models and why what they do list has such a degraded image. Not like them at all IMO.

Three images below from three different sources. All of which originate from Yamaha US.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't spend $49 on snagit as you did. Because I knew you already had it! So for the 99.9% of the rest of us, the diagrams SUCK!
                        Actually, there is something wrong with the boats.net site IMO. There is another site that has much clearer images. With a zoom function as noted.

Comment

Fair enough. Hard for some also to visualize parts installed on the opposite side of motor from the perspective of some of these drawings. Not sure if that makes sense. I guess the alternative would be to go the way of Suzuki and have 69 diagrams to choose from. I guess people get accustomed to whatever they have to work with. With Yam, not so much.

Comment

one thing I like about the boats.net site: the search function

put in a part number and get a comprehensive "where used" list

(constrained of course by the ">2006" idiocy)

I wish the yamahaoutboards.com parts had that

(or if it does, that I knew how to use it)

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker22 View Post
                              That does look like it. Thanks. Any tricks on removal and reinstall. Appreciate your help. Thanks again.
                              use some vicegrips , twist and pull out.
                              just tap back in

Comment

Working...
                              X