Power Trim/Tilt Died F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMBJack View Post
    Lastly - when reassembling a PTT motor, do you put any dielectric grease on the contacts where the brushes touch the armature? And - should I spray anything inside or keep it DRY? Thanks,
    I'm a fan of dielectric grease - but I don't imagine any use for it inside the housing of that motor. Or any other "substance".

installing the motor to the hydraulic unit, would probably give the o-ring a light coat of grease to help it stay in place

Comment

Originally posted by HMBJack View Post
      Okay, thanks to your encouragement, I took a second look at my original PTT motor.

I took it all apart and cleaned it up real good with WD-40 and Brake Cleaner spray. Got all the black off. I noticed one of the 4 brushes was worn way down and a second down a bit. The last 2 brushes didn't look worn at all. Just under 1,300 hours BTW on my 2006 F250.

So after cleaning (including Q-Tips) and drying it real good, I put it all back together and tested it.

The darn thing came to life! Yay!!

So, while I purchased and will install a new one today, thanks to you boys, I now have a good back up! I will replace the 2 worn brushes with parts I ordered from this site (@$72 each - ouch!).

Lastly - when reassembling a PTT motor, do you put any dielectric grease on the contacts where the brushes touch the armature? And - should I spray anything inside or keep it DRY? Thanks,
      Excellent!

But no, don't spray anything in there and definitely NOTHING ON THE ARMATURE.

If the armature end shaft, spins in a solid bushing, I would put a dab a good grease the the inside of the bushing (for lubrication as it spins)
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-20-2017, 11:49 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank you very much.

I will keep it dry and have it ready if, when, my other PTT motor takes a crap.
        I now know how to rebuild these things. All parts are available on this site.

Cheers,
        Jack
        Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Working...
        X