Panasonic - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic - Need help

I sent an email to Yamaha Canada asking for the SM identity of a Canadian Yamaha outboard model. They refused to answer because I am from the US. Might be something to do with Donald Trump. Their reply in telling me that they would not reply used more words and time than if they had just given me the LIT-18616-XX-XX number.

You are from New Found Land, correct? Assuming that you have not seceded from Montreal/Quebec, and are still a part of the great frozen north, can you send Yam Can a message to see if they will answer a fellow Canuck?

If so, here is a link to how to reach them

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/our_company/contact_us.php

The Canadian model Yamaha is a 30MSHD/30MLHD.

They say that questions and comments are important to them, but apparently so only if one is Canadian. They failed to mention this at their website.

Thanks. And this Yank won't hold Canada's failure to support us against you. Despite what Trump says this hour, the US has your back.

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    I sent an email to Yamaha Canada asking for the SM identity of a Canadian Yamaha outboard model. They refused to answer because I am from the US. Might be something to do with Donald Trump. Their reply in telling me that they would not reply used more words and time than if they had just given me the LIT-18616-XX-XX number.

You are from New Found Land, correct? Assuming that you have not seceded from Montreal/Quebec, and are still a part of the great frozen north, can you send Yam Can a message to see if they will answer a fellow Canuck?

If so, here is a link to how to reach them

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/our_company/contact_us.php

The Canadian model Yamaha is a 30MSHD/30MLHD.

They say that questions and comments are important to them, but apparently so only if one is Canadian. They failed to mention this at their website.

Thanks. And this Yank won't hold Canada's failure to support us against you. Despite what Trump says this hour, the US has your back.
    OK I sent the request for you...but a few things:

- why did you tell them you are from the states? Got no Gmail address?

- did you mention Trump in your message somehow or maybe a word that rhymes with Trump....bump, grump, thump, pump....anything like that will set off all kinds of alarms.

- What do you mean we don't support the USA? We are your biggest trading partner last time I looked.

- most important... did you ask politely? If you are not polite up here...well you can forget about getting any help.

LOL

Comment

I just filled in the form and sent it to them. Here it is:

email: jethroman99@gmail.com
      telephone: 770-499-1439
      productmodel: 30MSHD/30MLHD
      vinnumber: 6J8KL
      comment: Can you provide me with the identity of the service manual (LIT-18616-XX-XX) that is applicable to this model Yamaha? Thanks and best regards,

Was I being overly rude in making my request? Are Canadians overly sensitive?

I guess they deduced that I was a lowly Americano based on my numero telephono. Most countries tend to not like countries that are on their southern border. Canada no like US. US no like Mexico. Mexico no like Guatemala. And so it goes.

Comment

How many Canadians are named Jethro?

Comment

Is that the complete VIN? They got back to me looking for the Complete S/N.

And yes Canadians are all that sensitive...have you not figured that out from my past responses..lol

Was the person who to you replied named "Remi"?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            How many Canadians are named Jethro?
            Lots of them in south Canada. Mostly in the Canadian hollers.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
              Is that the complete VIN? They got back to me looking for the Complete S/N.

And yes Canadians are all that sensitive...have you not figured that out from my past responses..lol

Was the person who to you replied named "Remi"?
              Remi said contact Yamaha US. Scott then asked for the complete PID. Which they don't need. Yamaha US is now pulling that trick as well.

They sold the darn motors and they publish the parts catalog for it at their website. They should very well be able to tell one the SM number. If they wanted to.

Sad to see how customer non-support is fading away these days.

Comment

Here is the reply I got.

"I am afraid the serial number is in complete, this is just the prefix…. I would need the whole serial number for me to do the proper investigation"

Need to find out full S/N....

And I agree with sucky customer service crap pie.

Comment

Remi said contact Yamaha US. Scott then asked for the complete PID. Which they don't need. Yamaha US is now pulling that trick as well.

They sold the darn motors and they publish the parts catalog for it at their website. They should very well be able to tell one the SM number. If they wanted to.

Sad to see how customer non-support is fading away these days.
                  Remi and Scott may have grown up in a holler. Don't know no better.

Comment

So does anyone actually know the S/N in question? Or are you looking for some information on that engine/year to try and figure something else out?

I can tell him that the S/N label is damaged and all I know is the Prefix, if need be....

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                      So does anyone actually know the S/N in question? Or are you looking for some information on that engine/year to try and figure something else out?

I can tell him that the S/N label is damaged and all I know is the Prefix, if need be....
                      I can give you a serial number for the model in question but then if it was a particular serial that was not sold by Yamaha Canada they are going to say they don't recognize it. They are looking for a reason to say no. As opposed to finding a way to provide an answer. All too common today.

Thanks for trying. Let's put this to rest. We will not let it impinge on our good relations with Canada.

Comment

I think they are wise to the both of you.

Comment

Don't get wise bubble eyes.

Comment

Don't get wise bubble eyes.
                            OK no problem....if I can be of further assistance let me know.

Comment

Working...
                            X