03 F 225 fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 F 225 fuel issue

I thought it better to start my own thread about fuel starvation . It's similar to the post by Kim's boat . I had the same fuel starvation issue last year and replaced The pressure relief valve . The Motor worked fine last year and until now The same issue came back in the boat for 20 minutes stop for a half hour started up motor died upon acceleration . After squeezing the primer ball motor we started and ran fine . This time I had tilted the motor all the way up and then back down prior to starting . I have the same frustration with this issue the motor ran fine per year and stop working about the same time it did last year . It doesn't sound like my low pressure pump is cycling properly at idle . Could the low pressure pump not fail totally ?

Swapped mine today. Let you know tomorrow.

Comment

Hopefully found my problem.
      The most helpful tool I used was the clear piece of 3/8 tubing. And I moved it around to look for air being sucked into lines. I threw 1K in parts at the motor and I am pretty sure (knock on wood) that my damn filter seal at the water separator was not sealed properly. When I removed it I could see where the rubber gasket was not correctly seated in the filter.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
      X