2003 yamaha 250 ox66 bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 yamaha 250 ox66 bogging down

I have a 2003 yamaha that boggs down on the first run of the day .

After the engine that has set at the marine for the night tilted up , I go down to it tilt it down and it starts right up Idles great high idle warm up and then idles down about 2 minutes later and idles great .
    5-10 minutes later I idler out of the marine and go to get on a plane coming out of the hole great up to 4000 RPMS cruising along and about 1/4 mile later the motor boggs down to 3000 RPMS like it running out of gas and then comes right back .Then I can take it all the way up to 5400- 5500 RPMS and she will not miss a lick or bogg down.

I have checked all The fuel lines and fuel pick up and their all clear , all the filter have been changed , I checked VST filter and its clean as a wissle . The low pressure fuel pumps were changes last year, The O2 senser was changed the end of last year and she love that made her run even better , the TPS sensor was changed in the spring of last year because of and open that I found in the ranging of it and has been dialing in currectly to the closed throttle voltage .

The one thing it does do sometimes is when i start it , it comes up on fast idle about 1000 and runs great as its warming up and then idles down to 700 about 1 -2 minutes later . At 700 rpms its running as sweet as pie and then out of the clear blue she will sneeze and stall but will start right back up and it won't happen again the rest of the day and this is only sometimes once about every 10 cold start warm ups .

I would really appreciate any input you might direct me to , to check .

also i have checked the pressure on the fuel rail and it s right on the money and with the gauge hooked up and running along it never drop pressure .

I appreciate it

Paul

No expert here. What about injectors and high pressure pump?
    Have the injectors ever been serviced?

Provided all the other things were done correctly.

The sneeze would concern me.

Comment

Injectors were removed and cleaned and checked 3 years ago .

the high pressure pump checks good pressure right on the money and doesn't drop it . and with the engine off it hold pressure and doesn't bleed down .

Comment

Like I said, the sneeze would worry me. Running lean may take out a piston on an otherwise reliable motor.

Hopefully some of the other 2 stroke spe******ts will add..

Comment

I would check all the grounds, check the yellow and black wires that are under the ECU, mine's had corrosion in there, check the connector for the Stator and pulser coil..Hope this helps....

Comment

Working...
          X