Tiny Tach - 2006 F50 - Fuel Injected / TCI Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Tach - 2006 F50 - Fuel Injected / TCI Ignition

Don't know if anyone is familar with the Tiny Tach mini tachometers, but they are great products for an excellent price. However, after recently purchasing what I assumed to be the correct unit for my 2006 F50 I found I was wrong. I talked to their customer service and they admited that they are not very familiar with the new Yamahas and that they would be doing some research on them in order to match the correct unit and/or engineer the correct product.

The problem with the 2c unit that I was running was that it was reading basically double what the actual RPMs were. At idle I was seeing 1500 RPMS.

I assume they don't, but does anyone know if the F50 uses a waste spark?

Does anyone have any familiarity with the ignition system of the F50?

thanks.

No I'm not familiar with the Tiny Tach but the Yamaha F50 tach signal is a 12 pole alternator same as most other four stroke engines but it uses ignition coils with 2 secondary leads and it fires both leads at same time which means it fires like a 2 stroke engine. If the Tiny Tach is getting it's signal from alternator(the ECU on F50) like Yamaha's tach do then it should work fine. If it's getting signal from ignition then it will probably read double.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X