Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Is that the right video???

Title says Johnson 150, intake silencer says V6, WTH???

I have thoughts about that video, if we know what "that's" about

Per your description (NOT that video)
    I agree about the fuel leak into the #3 cylinder as 99Yam pointed out.

If the timing hasn't been dinked with, my $'s on the carbs being clogged up.

Doesn't take a month of sitting with fuel, un-treated to evaporate and clog the jets. Your's sound like the MAIN jets as your good at idle and just above idle.

Main jets should be open and flowing above that...

(That is if everything is assembled correctly, linkages, cables, etc)

hey guys i posten the link off a youtube vid to show you what i mean with bogging and not getting to wot. nothing to do with problem they had with that engine. just the bogging issue witch i have with my yamaha p50tlrq( yam 50 pro). i check every thing on the out on side of the engine last sunday. (spark, air, fuel. cleaned carbs. compression.check coils and switch spark plugs. fuel pump okey. carbs getting fuel.)

so i am going to open up the engine and look for any damage. ectr.. just gone start over from the bottom

just no idea what it good be. engine starst up and idle fine just bogging at wot just under 2rpm. no stalling when bogging out at wot.
    this is when engine is in water on muffs it revs up to 5500rpm`s
    Attached Files

Comment

hey guys

i posted i youtube vid of a john`s, but not to do with problems they had with engine.
      just wanted you to see what i mean with bogging at wot.

last sunday i check every thing on the outside. cleaned carbs. check compresion/spark/air and fuel. fuel pump okey. coils no damage.

so i think on starting from botom up. gone open up the engine aande check foor damage or anything not put back right last time i rebuiold the engine.

Comment

If you do not answer questions people ask, they will stop trying to help

Comment

hey dude i am sorry about not answering the question.

Comment

only #3 cylinder has wet and clean plugs. but engine also not misfiring. or getting up to speed and then bogging down.

if have check timing

Comment

Originally posted by Monsanto J F View Post
              only #3 cylinder has wet and clean plugs. but engine also not misfiring. or getting up to speed and then bogging down.

if have check timing
              Does the timing plate move freely when you push on the linkage with the engine not running.

Comment

i didn`t check if the plate is moving freely with engine of.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                  Does the timing plate move freely when you push on the linkage with the engine not running.
                  should it move freely when engine not running or ?

Comment

should it move freely when engine not running or ?
                    Pull the safety lanyard. Turn the prop clockwise and shift in to fwd, open throttle all the way. You should be able to move timing plate back and forth by pushing on linkage if everything is hooked up right.

You still need to check timing with engine running as well, with a timing light.

Comment

okey i will check it out and let ya when i check plate and timing

Comment

i posted i youtube vid of a john`s, but not to do with problems they had with engine. PLEASE DON'T POST OTHERS VIDEO'S OR AT LEAST POST ITS NOT YOUR ENGINE, IT JUST CONFUSES THINGS. BETTER YET, VIDEO TAPE YOURS...

last sunday i check every thing on the outside. cleaned carbs..
                        How EXACTLY did you clean the carbs?
                        Scott
                        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

i let the carbs sitt in carb clean all night.

guy i told ya was going to check flywheel last night.
                          but my dad and mechanic removed engine block and notice the crankshaft was the problem. mechanic told me something do with dead centre point not good.

don`t no what means top and botom deadpiont and one not getting there. so basicly he told me crankshaft is bad he told me. i need to replace it. they still have to check the engine block, but he things thats fine. just crankshaft. can any body explane top center and bottom dead point. and bottom and/or center not good

Comment

i let the carbs sitt in carb clean all night.

guy i told ya was going to check flywheel last night.
                            but my dad and mechanic removed engine block and notice the crankshaft was the problem. mechanic told me something do with dead centre point not good.

don`t no what means top and botom deadpiont and one not getting there. so basicly he told me crankshaft is bad he told me. i need to replace it. they still have to check the engine block, but he things thats fine. just crankshaft. can any body explane top center and bottom dead point. and bottom and/or center not good
                            From your first post, it's been re-built already?

Who rebuilt it and did what exactly?

Something (mechanic wise it sounds) is not right.

In any case,

Top Dead Center or TDC is when the piston is at the HIGHEST POINT UPWARDS IN IT'S TRAVEL / stroke.

The issues with TDC having slop (major wear) is usually from bad BEARINGs likely at the crank(bearings worn, crank moves but the connecting rod/piston doesn't).

The rod bearings and possible the rod could be damaged and would likely be so MORE than the crank.

BTW, soaking the carb in cleaner alone will NOT clean it. it needs to come apart.
                            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-13-2017, 02:18 PM.
                            Scott
                            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                              Top Dead Center or TDC is when the piston is at the HIGHEST
                              so just repace crankshaft

Comment

only needs replacement if something is wrong with it.
                                you have not said what was wrong with it, so we cannot say if it needs to be replaced or not

Comment

Working...
                                X