Loosing RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing RPM

I have a 2000 Yamamha 150 OX66 fuel injected motor. At 5500 RPM's, it will drop down to 4800 for about 2 minutes then return to 5500. It seems to continually fluctuate between 55 and 48. Wondering what could be the problem.

Fuel restriction or dirty O2 sensor. How is the Racor filter? Can you pump the primer ball up firm with the motor not running? If not, check the fuel pumps.

Mike.......... Miami, FL

Comment

I bought the motor last year and it worked perfect all summer. I have been doing a lot of *****ing recently and now it seems to be running with the lost RPM. Ball will pump up hard when motor is not running. Could the 02 sensor be carboned up?
      Didn't check the Racor filter.
      Thanks

Comment

can easily be the O2 sensor, you can clean it, will need a new gasket but dont get ABOVE the threads wet as it can damage the sensor. if you search the posts you will find the procedure to test it also, with a multimeter.I try to clean mine yearly and ringfree/seafoam will help reduce carbon buildup.another couple tips on your motor, like mine:
        -drain vapor tank of debris, be sure to refill by pumping ball to fill clear filter AND vapor tank
        -clean vapor tank filter yearly, you will need a new vapor tank oring
        -replace canister fuel filter on motor if it hasnt been changed recently

[ June 26, 2006, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: jb123 ]

Comment

Working...
        X