Please Help - Tilt / Trim issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gateaux01 View Post
    I'm guessing there is no chance of getting to the contacts inside the relay?
    Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    You'd have to look specifically at yours to see if it's "bolted together", very likely NOT. They seal them up tight for marine use.
    As the photos shows, the relay was assembled with screws.

BUT the final step was epoxy potting of the four wire leads passing though the cover
    (one pair for each coil).

A dentist might get it apart safely - it would be akin to performing four root canals.

But if one simply removes the screws and pries the cover off,
    the coil wires will be torn away and the device effectively ruined.

Comment

I'm trying to make sure this is a job I can do before ordering this part. It seems as though the potted wires the small blue and green wires go behind an aluminum piece on the left. Will I have to remove a lot of pieces to get this relay out? I'm trying to get a picture on here

Comment

Looks like only two bolts holding the unit to the block.

Should be very easy. Disconnect the battery first. Either take lots of pic's or notes.

Even easier, transfer one wire at a time from the old relay to the new relay.

Mines under a plastic cover (adjacent to the fuse block) with 3 screws, then the two bolts for the relay. If it takes 15 minutes, I'd be surprised..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Looks like only two bolts holding the unit to the block.

Should be very easy. Disconnect the battery first. Either take lots of pic's or notes.

Even easier, transfer one wire at a time from the old relay to the new relay.

Mines under a plastic cover (adjacent to the fuse block) with 3 screws, then the two bolts for the relay. If it takes 15 minutes, I'd be surprised..
          Mine looks like it has the bolt on the right behind a bracket and the one on the left actually needs to come in from the inside. I can see the threads facing me.

Having trouble getting a picture to upload

Comment

Mine looks like it has the bolt on the right behind a bracket and the one on the left actually needs to come in from the inside. I can see the threads facing me.

Having trouble getting a picture to upload
            Just remember, a person bolted it up. You should be able to do the same, just go slow and take your time..

It's NOT like your yanking a power-head, super, in depth, lots of bolts likely to break, etc..

Take notes, maybe mark where specific bolts go exactly...

90-100% of the parts only go on one way, (with tab's, design, etc) which makes it even easier...
            Scott

Comment

Well just ordered the part suggested by Townsend. I see the one FairPlay has pictured looks like a match but has an 01 instead of a 00. Hopefully just the part number changed.

Comment

How do you get pictures to upload on this site?

Comment

I upload pics to a sharing site called tinypic.
                  They will then give you 4-5 links for various applications. Copy the link for FORUMS for the pic and then paste back here in your reply.

Comment

How do you get pictures to upload on this site?
                    Have your pic(s) downloaded to your puter.

When you respond/make a post, go down below and click attach files /MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

Click "choose file": (from your pic's), then "upload".

It'll show it's attached (slightly lower)

Then just hit submit.

NOW there's a small pic below. Click on it once, it enlarges, click on it again, it gets WAY larger.
                    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-02-2017, 02:58 PM.
                    Scott

Comment

Have your pic(s) downloaded to your puter.

When you respond/make a post, go down below and click attach files /MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

Click "choose file": (from your pic's), then "upload".

It'll show it's attached (slightly lower)

Then just hit submit.

NOW there's a small pic below. Click on it once, it enlarges, click on it again, it gets WAY larger.
                      I've tried all this. I think the pics exceed the size limit here. Turned my camera to the lowest setting but got the same message.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                        I upload pics to a sharing site called tinypic.
                        They will then give you 4-5 links for various applications. Copy the link for FORUMS for the pic and then paste back here in your reply.
                        Tinypic has not been working for me lately. Have you noted any problemos?
                        Last edited by boscoe99; 06-04-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I've tried all this. I think the pics exceed the size limit here. Turned my camera to the lowest setting but got the same message.
                          I usually use Photobucket:

http://s176.photobucket.com/

You'd upload to PB, then use the IMAGE LINK (second from the bottom when you have a choice. Copy and paste the link (here) and it'll be a big pic.

With the image option, there won't be any size limits (short of a video)
                          Scott

Comment

Test

Oh well....

On to photobucket

Last edited by pstephens46; 06-04-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Pics

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/ch...g.html?filters[user]=146538781&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X