Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Starting/Fuel issues.

Hi,
    after a post summer service and wintering of the engine I have filled with fuel for the new season. she started on first turn and was idling fine. I then started her again and fuel was pumping from the rear with every turn of the key. This also happens when I pump the primer.
    Any pointers greatly appreciated,
    Regards Daz

Probably best to remove the cover and pump the primer bulb to see where the fuel is leaking from, before you blow yourself up!!

Comment

There is a fuel line after the micron filter that goes to an open ended drain type aperture. This is where the fuel is being emitted from. Not actually a leak.

Comment

Can you post a pic pointing at where the fuel is exactly coming from?
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-02-2017, 06:22 AM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

engine.JPG

Where the horse shoe fuel line ends and is secured with clip number 18 is where the fuel is coming out

Comment

ok, so that's technically not a "fuel line" - more of a "fuel vapor line"

that is the breather vent from the carbon canister - which exits through the cowling latch.

Liquid fuel coming out there means that the VST is overfilling -
            gas is being pumped right up through the VST vent through the carbon canister.

The VST float/needle valve is not sealing

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
              ok, so that's technically not a "fuel line" - more of a "fuel vapor line"

that is the breather vent from the carbon canister - which exits through the cowling latch.

Liquid fuel coming out there means that the VST is overfilling -
              gas is being pumped right up through the VST vent through the carbon canister.

The VST float/needle valve is not sealing
              IE, the VST float is stuck open.

To give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYo5...ature=youtu.be

You may try draining the VST (while still installed-a clear hose is at the base of the bowl with a phillips head drain screw).. Maybe tap the VST bowl gently, you might luck out and get the float to close/seal as it should when full..

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-02-2017, 07:39 PM.
              Scott

Comment

floats normally do not stick open, the needles they operate do not seal off properly due to float not moving properly, or trash gets between the needle a seat and it does not seal off/stop the flow as it should.

I know I am getting picky on words now, I will stop

Comment

Doesn't take a couple minutes to try it and certainly won't hurt anything...

MUCH easier than a full tear down, especially if it works.

Definitely NOT sealing for what ever reason.

Just as a side note, last BAD storm we had down here(maybe 1.5 years ago), (lost electric), I tried getting my neighbors generator to run as it would not start for him, fuel pouring out the carb..

Pulled the float bowl, FLOAT was full of fuel. Obviously leaking and wouldn't float, thus the overflow /stuck open condition.

The Op's motor, just coming out of hibernation, crap, varnish, dunno...
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X