Cranks No Start When Hot Intermittent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranks No Start When Hot Intermittent

I have searched many threads on this subject but have not found any post where they fixed the concern. (well one person switch E0 fuel and wrapped his VST with insulation) no E0 fuel in my area.

I have 2004 4 Stroke 115 HP Mercury/Yamaha. The motors runs perfect no concerns ever. 400 hours on the motor no codes.

Maintenance is done filters are changed, plugs are new, fuel is E10 with Startron and Mercury step 1 fuel conditioner/cleaner.

Rodbolt17 was a great help with his replies in a post a few years back, however, the post never stated that the concern was fixed. My last trip when the motor acted up I did crack the throttle and crank but still no start.

I realize might motor can have another problem other than fuel but it sure acts like fuel once the motor cools down it runs great.

Thanks in Advance

But cracking the throttle worked in the past?

Comment

No cracking the throttle has never worked. Just letting the motor sit and cool off.

Comment

I have an F150. Here is my experience.

Run 12 miles at 4500 rpm to fishing spot. Fish for
        30 mins. Try to crank, no start. Hit neutral button and advance throttle about 25% and crank twice. Close throttle back to true neutral. Crank and it starts. Exhaust stinks like hell. Rich....

Wait an hour, no issues...

To make it really bad? Run wide open for five minutes. Turn it off for 5 minutes and then try to start....

Comment

Yamaha does recommend idling for a bit after a run before shutting down to let things cool down.
          see if that helps

or check fuel cooler if it has one

Comment

Thanks Everyone for the replies. Next time I will give the 25% throttle 2 cranks back to neutral a try.

I do let the boat idle before shut down. My last trip (when it didn't start with the wife in the boat) because it was so rough I let the motor run at idle till the I felt certain the anchor was going to hold. I have before just in the heat of the moment because fish are active just shut it down and start fishing. I will in the future be more conscious of idling before shut down.

Again Thanks for the replies

Comment

did the idling before shut down help in that instance?
              If not then look for other problems.

Comment

Working...
              X