Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Oil Filter on F250 (!@#&!)

How do you guys do it?

With my big hands, the darn thing is so hard to reach! I seem to always make a mess.
    I read it helps to remove the bracket that holds the cup fuel filter in place and have lots of baby diapers handy. I tried that aluminum slide looking thing that SIM sells and it doesn't fit in the space under the F250 oil filter.

Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

I'm like the Exxon Valdez when I do a filter change... Thank you
    Grady-White 330 Express

Use a filter cup wrench with an extension handle on it to loosen the filter.

Tilt the motor up as high as she will go.

Wrap a zip lock bag around the filter.

Unscrew the filter by hand letting the filter and oil drop into the zip lock bag.

Be careful not to damage the oil pressure sensor adjacent to the filter.

Return here for instructions as to how to remove and replace the oil pressure sensor.

Comment

Thank you. I'll for sure try that next time.
      Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

and the oil sensor only cost about 1/3rd of a boat unit.
        I use a cut up qt oil bottle.

and simple green.

Comment

I trim the engine all the way down, punch a hole in the top high on the filter , let it sit over night, put a small piece of duct tape over the hole, spin the filter off, no mess at all, if you don't have time to let it sit the Baggie way works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
            put a small piece of duct tape over the hole,
            love it! will try that
            I've punched a hole - but then found it impossible to keep my fingertip on it...

Comment

After the hole has been punched the night before, and you have been thinking about other stuff during the night and the next morning, don't forget about the hole. I can see some one, some where, forgetting and starting the motor. As they say in Italy whata messa.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                After the hole has been punched the night before, and you have been thinking about other stuff during the night and the next morning, don't forget about the hole. I can see some one, some where, forgetting and starting the motor. As they say in Italy whata messa.
                tape or tyrap the ignition keys to the filter, and then the next morning see if you can remember where you put them and why

Comment

Working...
                X