Water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump

Hi and thanks for the opportunity to be part of the group.
    I have an F225 four stroke 2012 which I bought new and has only done about 20 hours,mainly because where I keep it and where I live are about 700miles from each other and don't have time to get to it much. I recently picked up some sand through the water pump and decided to replace the impeller and housing and all the bushes. Since doing (I haven't used it yet)so when flushing the power head motor off, no water exits the tell tale, when running with the muffs on and water flowing into the bottom of the leg, still no water stream from tell tale.
    I have removed hoses from tell tale and blown clean and poked a small plastic tube to unblock any residue but still no results,
    any positive feedback would be welcome.
    Thanks Robbi

actually its 1100 kilometres here in Australia but I thought most of the readers here are from the US

Comment

Try running it in the water or a big drum, maybe you just don't have enough water pressure through your hose and flushers??

Comment

Originally posted by Kinkster View Post
        when flushing the power head motor off, no water exits the tell tale,
        when running with the muffs on and water flowing into the bottom of the leg, still no water stream from tell tale.
        I have removed hoses from tell tale and blown clean and poked a small plastic tube to unblock any residue but still no results
        the water at the tell tale has followed a very circuitous route:
        starting from the aft base of the block (inaccessible to human hands without pulling the powerhead)
        through the fuel cooler via several sharp bends
        into and out of the labyrinthine back of the rectifier

I am curious how you know that you "picked up some sand"
        But I can imagine a little sand could wreak havoc in that pathway

you say you have "removed hoses and blown clean"
        I wonder which areas of that path you have addressed?

worse case you may have to dig down to remove the fuel cooler and the rectifier

Comment

If I wanted maximum water pressure to attempt simply flushing to on through,
          I would drop the lower unit and clamp a garden hose directly to the end of the water tube:

Comment

Yamaha 4 strokes won't pee on muffs. Dunk it in a tank. The owners manual even tells you not to use muffs.

Comment

hook the hose to the engine fkush port.
              turn water on full open.
              wait until water is flowing from the inlet screen.
              start the engine.
              if it does not pee something is clogged or wrong.
              no tell tale no rectifier cooling.
              no rectifier cooling no rectifier.

actually there can be a recter fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Coulsting View Post
                Yamaha 4 strokes won't pee on muffs. Dunk it in a tank. The owners manual even tells you not to use muffs.
                They sure do... My manual says as well to flush on muffs

1st Link, Flushing F150 Video by SRT-60 | Photobucket

Corrosion Prevention » Yamaha Maintenance Matters Look under corrosion prevention at the Yamaha video..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The manual for myf250 which includes the f225 says not to flush with the engine running.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It is amazing how many posts this topic generates here and other sites.
                    Rodbolt and many others have said use two hoses for extended running of motor out of water. So why not use two hoses for a short period of running out of water? Pees every time unless you have a hand crank water pump for your house. Why the strife....

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Coulsting View Post
                      Hey Donnie, you were right, I took your advice and bought a large plastic rectangular tool box from hardware store, placed under motor filled with water and ran it.
                      Motor peed like a racehorse, pumping like a treat, and thanks everybody for their comments.

Comment

As mentioned in reply #3......

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                          If I wanted maximum water pressure to attempt simply flushing to on through,
                          I would drop the lower unit and clamp a garden hose directly to the end of the water tube:

This is exactly what I did. Staggered by the amount of debris that came out. I've since removed the cylinder heads and cleaned them out too. Again, shocked by how much salt, sand, silt and bits of shell inside. Surprised the engines were cooling at all. As a non-technical and enthusiastic amateur, it was a straightforward job.

Comment

Working...
                          X