Twin F200 XCA's - Throttle control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin F200 XCA's - Throttle control

This is my 1st twin engine boat, so bear with me.
    My question is... Is there a button on the shifter/throttle control that locks port and starboard together for safety reasons when cruising at higher speeds. If not is their and uafyermarket part I can add to do this? I was told this is standard equipment for twin's.
    Thanks in advance for the info!
    Wayne

How would locking the throttle positions together help from a safety standpoint?

There is a friction device that can be tightened as needed to prevent either throttle from retarding itself due to vibration. Too loose and a throttle could creep backwards. Too stiff and it may be uncomfortable to the operator. Is this what you might have heard about?

Comment

Also, you could have the controls locked dead even BUT still have different RPM's on each engine (depending on trim, motor condition, etc).

Many dual throttles are close together and easily adjusted with one hand while under way..

As noted above, adjusting the tension EVENLY between both controls should make it easier to keep both engines pretty close while underway..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Also, you could have the controls locked dead even BUT still have different RPM's on each engine (depending on trim, motor condition, etc).

Many dual throttles are close together and easily adjusted with one hand while under way..

As noted above, adjusting the tension EVENLY between both controls should make it easier to keep both engines pretty close while underway..
        OP's motors use electronic throttle and shift. With the auto-sync function engaged the electronic throttle valve is going to maintain the engine RPM automatically, even if the load on the motor changes. If you advance or retard just one of the throttle handles, the other engine's RPM will automatically follow the other. Within a certain spread of the throttle handles.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          OP's motors use electronic throttle and shift. With the auto-sync function engaged the electronic throttle valve is going to maintain the engine RPM automatically, even if the load on the motor changes. If you advance or retard just one of the throttle handles, the other engine's RPM will automatically follow the other. Within a certain spread of the throttle handles.
          Then that's why you earlier posted:

"How would locking the throttle positions together help from a safety standpoint?"

Makes sense. Thanks.

Keeping the safety lanyard attached to the operator would be the best
          safety option, especially at higher speeds/bumpy water, etc..

Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I was thinking in the event of conditions worsening offshore and the ride getting bumpy. Accidentally slamming in throttle wide open and the other not moving..I have little knowledge about twins. And have researched up and down the internet with no answer...
            So is there not lock button(or lever or switch) to make both throttles move simultaneously???
            A good friend of mine has an Onslow Bay 33' that has a lever or switch of sorts that locks them together. And he said he thought it was pretty standard now days.
            Thanks for the help...

Comment

Working...
            X