115 yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 yamaha

I have a question for rodbolt and the other top hands of this forum. I was running down lake this morning and my motor started missing and just quit, turns out the fuel line came loose from the bottom carb. Motor is 2001 Yamaha 115hp 2 stroke TLRZ. The line that came loose is a pre bent that goes on bottom of carb. It had a tye wrap on it but was broken when found off of carb. I would like to replace these fuel lines and I want to know if these should be ordered and just use the pre bent lines from Yamaha? I was surprised at why this line came loose to begin with. If the primer bulb is pumped too much would this cause it to come loose, thanks in advance

Sounds like the tie wrap just failed from heat / age, etc...

I'd replace the zip ties at least.

As for the hoses, I'd personally stick with OEM.

Note, Yamaha does make a zip tie that's CURVED on the INSIDE for small fuel lines. IE, less chance for leakage/fits a little better..

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...UEL/parts.html

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-27-2017, 06:52 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

My c40 has small wire spring clips on each connection.
      might look in the parts diagram to see what it came with originally and go back to that.

the pre formed lines have less chance of kinking making the bends

Comment

Originally posted by countrytn View Post
        turns out the fuel line came loose from the bottom carb. The line that came loose is a pre bent that goes on bottom of carb. It had a tye wrap on it but was broken when found off of carb.
        I have the same engine, but a '98. From the fuel filter outlet you've got 1 fuel hose that bifurcates (Y adaptor) into 2 fuel hoses. 1 hose goes to the bottom of upper carb, the other fuel hose to the bottom of lower carb. Under each carb is a metal tube with a 90º bend. The fuel hose fits over this metal tube. Then a clamp (or tie band) is fitted over the hose.

So you'll have to clarify what came loose. If you found a broken "tye wrap", then I would think the rubber fuel hose came off the metal fuel tube. But this rubber hose is not "a line that is pre bent", as you stated. The metal tube is pre bent.

If the metal tube itself had broken off carb then you wouldn't have found a broken tie wrap. The tie wrap would be secured over the rubber hose, which would still be secured over the metal tube.
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
        X