trim gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim gauge not working

yamaha 150 hp 2006 four stroke ,black plastic tab broke off. What is the trick to install new metal tab .

Maybe I'm crazy, but looks like you slip it
    over the bar, insert screw and tighten down. You may have to adjust it to get the indicator to indicate correctly. I.E. turn it slightly, maybe while someone is looking at gauge. I still have the plastic cam. I also keep the sender sprayed to keep it from seizing and possibly breaking the sorry plastic.

Comment

+1 ^^^. My plastic one broke years ago(still under warranty). Exact same engine.

The metal one is designed VERY DIFFERENTLY and does just slip over the same shaft as the plastic one does.. Just make sure you put the new one on, on the correct side of the lever...

500% better design, haven't touched/re-adjusted it in well over 6 years..

As I re-call, there's an alignment hole, so there is just a tad amount of adjustment.

Part #1: 2006 and Later F150TXR Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

The new bracket arm goes under the movable switch arm

Here ya go:

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-24-2017, 12:41 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

trim gauge not working

thanks for info and the picture is great thanks again Scott, do you have hydraulic steering on your 150

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          +1 ^^^. My plastic one broke years ago(still under warranty). Exact same engine.

The metal one is designed VERY DIFFERENTLY and does just slip over the same shaft as the plastic one does.. Just make sure you put the new one on, on the correct side of the lever...

500% better design, haven't touched/re-adjusted it in well over 6 years..

As I re-call, there's an alignment hole, so there is just a tad amount of adjustment.

Part #1: 2006 and Later F150TXR Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

The new bracket arm goes under the movable switch arm

Here ya go:

We finally find a grimy spot on that motor!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            That's fresh Yamaha grease Pat (the good stuff) and I did wipe some away!! (Grease is GOOD in those moving spots)

*As for the steering Denny, no, just single cable steering. Original from 1997.

This lil "do dad" looks/works the same but mines MUCH older (from my older boat yet). It simply slips over the end of the steering cable rod, tightens onto the engines threaded "tilt rod end". Grease it up, no water intrusion, still works as if new...

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/stee...guard-7-8.html

Scott

Comment

Busting chops!

Comment

Ya, I see some unnecessary grease kicking around that transom bracket...what is up wit dat?

Comment

Busting chops!

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                  Ya, I see some unnecessary grease kicking around that transom bracket...what is up wit dat?
                  Friggin lazy boat owner!!!

Last time I "wiped" the old excess grease (starting to harden), off the turning swivel (the grease fitting is dead center of the mid section, starboard side), I went thru probably 3 t-shirts (that where shredded into LONG strips... Want to talk about a mess!! Then re-grease with the new Yamaha good grease (you can see the different colored grease there), leaving just a bit sticking out.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X