2001 Yammaha 175 Fuel Feed Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yammaha 175 Fuel Feed Assembly

I have to replace this same fuel in line check valve (part # 6R5-24408-00) every other year it seems. It causes engine to stall if not replaced. we have tried to clean it with air pressure which usually doesn't last and usually needs replacing. How do we clean this parts to make it function?

Have you tried running without it being installed?

Comment

Have you cut one open to see what is going wrong with them when they go bad?

knowing what is happening could lead you to what needs to be done.

But as Boscoe wrote if all else fails remove and see what happens

Comment

Thanks. Actually, I had planned to dissect this assembly. Probably the fuel sitting all winter; sticking the check valve in opening fully by adding a resistance to fully reopen and pass correct volume of fuel. Caveat; engine did run for about 20 minutes after launching but stopped as I put boat on boatlift. Incidentally, this simple part is quite often overlooked and the cost is $40 now vs $16 for my first change out. This part failure is common to the techs with this lousy fuel being sold. $150 simple quick cash repair if that is the problem. Could also be the in-line rubber squeeze ball. I will replace the part (fuel feed)as soon as rain stops here in MD!

Comment

Sure enough! That in line check valve (fuel feed assy) was the problem. I replaced it again. $41 vs $20 2 years ago! Doesn't seat so it causes engine to lose its fuel prime and therefore will not restart.

Comment

You might try storing the primer bulb vertically. It helps keep the check valves close.

Comment

think I read corrosion being a problem with them.

open the old one up and see

Comment

Working...
              X