Rodbolt or Boscoe finding location of diagnostic clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbolt or Boscoe finding location of diagnostic clip

Rodbolt or Boscoe I need to declare stupidity again, seems to happen a lot as I age???? Have a 2004 F115TLRC, I am looking at purchasing one of the YDS diagnostic CD's and have been trying to locate where the diagnostic connector is on my engine?

I can locate one of the little light clips with the L/W (lightblue white) wire cannot locate the other light clip with the R/B wire but nowhere can I find the supposed diagnostic clip that should be around the area with three wires going to it a W/B (white-black), B, and a R/B (red-black) wire that the connector for the YDS tool would connect to?

The wiring diagram from the service manual would lead me to the starboard side as I can find other items like starter relay and main switch from the diagram but not a diagnostic connector?

Impart some knowledge please!!
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Should be laying in the engine pan, up front. Dark gray connector with a dark gray cap. Cap may be held to the connector with fish line.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Should be laying in the engine pan, up front. Dark gray connector with a dark gray cap. Cap may be held to the connector with fish line.

Upfront being on the bow end of the engine compartment or back on the stern by the plugs?

I'll give another good look.

Thanks!
      Dennis

Comment

Front of the motor is the front of the motor. The side that faces towards the transom of the boat.

If you don't find the coupler laying in the engine pan then check for it above the rectifier/regulator.

Comment

I think this is the one you reference in my attachment, it has a small fish line around it and is bolted to the engine where your yellow marking appears,

Thanks for your speedy reply, you are a wealth of knowledge sir!
          Attached Files
          Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X